Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

New to the Cub Cadet world.....looking for info

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

Rob Cleveland

Just purchased an IH 10 hp riding mower with hydrostatic drive. It needs a bit of work on the cosmetics but the motor runs like a champ and it still cuts as well as any new machine out there. Im not 100% sure on which year/model I have so thought I might put some numbers up and see what others might know.
The serial number on it is 2050044U501247 and the engine serial # is 6028143. Any help would be appreciated.......Rob

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Rob, WELCOME! There's a "kind code" which is 205 that tells that it is a Cub Cadet, after that is the "machine code", which is 0044, that tells that it is a model 109. The number after the U (the U tells that it was made in the USA) is the actual serial number: 501247. That serial number was built in February of 1974.

mgwin

displayname
Marty A. Gwin
Rob,
Welcome to the forum! I bet the weather is cooler up there, compared to down here in NC. It hit a steamy 95 degrees today. Too hot to fool with my cubs. :(

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
Rob,
And it's not a lawn mower, it's a garden tractor that just happens to have a deck under it!! :yikes: And it will do a heck of a lot more than any "lawn mower" would even think of!!

Welcome aboard!!

Rob Cleveland

Thanks for the info and the welcome.
Im in the process of stripping the paint off the hood as previous owner has given it a rattle can paint job.
I would like to buy some new graphics for the sides of the hood. Is there a NOS or aftermarket source for these?

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
Decal set can be had from CC Specialties, see ads at top of this page.
Doubt if individual ones would be available though.