• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New to me "sad" 782, so I will need lots of help here

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This
66277E2C-FA79-4071-BF18-AB6209357287.jpeg
is what happens to your plain white hood when one son does window tinting and car wrapping, and another does whatever he wants while you are out of town earning a living.

This is why I stopped bringing home labels when I was a printer. They ended up stuck all over things like the refrigerator. They have upped their game since elementary school.

Hate to say this, but since it isn't my car, that is funny. Now if they eliminated the wierd short stripes and continued across the roof, that would honor the late Carroll Shelby. At least it is a Ford. Maybe if you did a Shelby drop and add some 10 spoke wheels, you could start a trend!

Point by point responses:
It is funny. Totally and easily reversible if corrected before too long.
The shorties are weird.
Continuing the stripes over the roof would mean stripes in my BAMR.
Late Great Carroll Shelby. A few of us in St. Louis used to say he died in 1970 because of his affiliation with another car mfg, but you could sure see his influence in the Viper...anyone else see a Daytona coupe when they look at those?
Ford it is. Now if you want to talk weird, imagine them on one of the Audis-especially those shorties.
The frame drilling to lower the suspension always freaked me out a bit when I was young. I never did it to mine, but the header collectors scraped enough pavement as it was.
I always wanted those 10-spokes for my Mustang in high school. Do they make them in 20" now? I really like the Kelsey-Hayes wheels too.
I don't think I've ever been accused of being a trendsetter before. Might not get too many more chances.

I just got my rear lift casting, and I’m confused what lift bracket I need. The Xtreme site lists a special one for the 82 series, but I can’t tell if that’s just for the Cat. “0”, or for any upper lift bar. I do (think I ) know the bars are different.

Other sites only list wide frame and narrow frame brackets With no 82 version.

What bracket do I need? Thanks.

For the IH style 3-point with the upper cast piece that pivots in the frame, the lift bar you need is a straight piece of 1/2 x 1-1/2" steel bar stock with a counterbored 1/2?" hole at the front end and 5/8" or 3/4" (can't remember) hole at the back end. There should be a dimensioned drawing of it floating around on here somewhere.

As you said, Cat-0 hitch lift bar is totally different and has a slot at the back end and several bends.

Thanks Matt. I have found that on CC Specialties, but what about the bracket at the “mower lift” end of the bar?

The wide frames use a single bend and the 82 are back to straight if i read the extreme website correctly. I have a 383 three point and pto that is straight.

Thanks Matt. I have found that on CC Specialties, but what about the bracket at the “mower lift” end of the bar?

No such thing on a 782...clevis pin behind the one that attaches the hydraulic cylinder to the rockshaft gets replaced with a slightly longer one.

This is my dilemma: which of these blocks? Upper is listed for the wide frames, lower is what Xtreme lists for 82s.
1622846943358.jpeg

1622847082734.jpeg

Thanks Matt, if I’d only gotten under there to look...

My bride asked me to test out the Milwaukee set of tools I got her for her birthday today, so I tested the blower, then the string trimmer, then the pole trimmer, then got the blower back out to clean up again after the pole trimmings. Spent 40 minutes with the tools, used maybe half of the 8.0 AH battree. I was impressed. At first, I was thinking the blower sucked, and not in a good way, but then I noticed a turtle on the handle, and then a rabbit. Well, I know from mowers what rabbits vs turtles means, so I pressed the rabbit. No change. Then I let it stop, and pressed the rabbit. When it came back on, it was much more powerful!
I hope my bride likes them all as much as I do-aaaaand finally warms to the idea of getting “tools” for her birthday-oops.

My last photo was on its side, now this one is upside down! Two more 90s and I’ll be there.

This was all cut with one battery using my bride’s new Milwaukee pole trimmer after she tried out the new blower with the same 8.0 AH battery. Together, we only took it down to 2 bars still left out of 4 bars. Call me impressed. Now if I only didn’t have all this work in front of the Cub Cadet stuff. Chain stayed nice and oiled too.

Mod edit: Fixed image rotation.

FIXED.jpg

I've heard good things about the battery powered tools. I watch the YouTube Channel Tractor Time with Tim and he has a bunch of Stihl battery powered tools... He really likes them... and when others use them, they are surprised at how well they work.

Marty, this one will be considered mine, but it will not live at my home. #3 son and his buddy run a firewood business out of his buddy’s uncle’s property. They will be using it there. I bought it for the (crappy) dozer blade it came with. It was $150 for the package. I got what I paid for, but it runs and mows, and that son can handle the project of getting it into shape. He designed, cut, and built (welded) a go-kart at 13, then did a drift trike.

I’ve had the fever since I met my first Cub Cadet at 12. It just goes into remission sometimes.

I ordered the remaining rear lift parts from CC Specialties, and this was part of the shipping email:

Please do not reply to this email address as the shipping computer has not learned to type yet.

Well put, Digger!

Back