Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

New to me "sad" 782, so I will need lots of help here

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

jkoenig

displayname
Jim Koenig Halfway between Harvester, MO and Cadet, MO
I just picked up a Mackissic chipper shredder with wheelbarrow handles. It’s old like I like stuff, probably early 70’s. The guy I got it from had a 1970 Simplicity garden tractor with rototiller, spare decks, a moldboard plow, and a snow blade. He tried to brag about a shuttle drive to me, but I just saw belts...

Attachments

jkoenig

displayname
I asked, and the inspection confirmed that the hammers have new edges left...good thing because the ones he’s been using are seriously radiused. The last photo probably used to have a label about manufacturer or model.

Maybe one day, I’ll make it PTO operated like the 59Ms.

Oh yeah, and the guy I bought it from demonstrated it wearing his Aatay sandals.

jkoenig

displayname
The overhead valve 5 horse Briggs needs a carb cleaning. I took it off, and tried to unscrew the fuel line fitting only to find it does not thread out, and now it leaks. Anyone know where I can get a carb or kit on a Sunday? NAPA, Advance, Oreilly, Auto Zone, Tractor Supply, and Northern do not list any in stock on their web sites, but I will make a personal visit to a couple and see what I can find out.

The cottonwoods are in full share mode here. You just see a puff once in a while, but my pool filter seems to attract them. The darker handful-size glob is dry, and came from a slimmer sock pre-filter that had dried.
6083C798-DE45-42AB-9A0C-EBA88F664B66.jpeg

While I was washing my filter cartridge, a neighbor drug his push mower to his front yard, and began wailing on the underside of the deck with a hammer. I don’t know what he was trying to accomplish, but I did notice that he did not get it to run again.

glippert

displayname
Greg Lippert
Your neighbor must subscribe to the old adage, "Don't force it - get a bigger hammer."

jkoenig

displayname
That’s one of my favorite sayings! I normally use it for when you need a hammer, use a large enough one, or to be sarcastic-possibly my strongest character trait.

jkoenig

displayname
The Mighty Mac lives again. A new fuel inlet fitting, needle and seat, three pulls, and it was devouring branches again. I could really see liking this for leaves, and being Cub-mounted.

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
Mounting it on a CC will be a bit of a challenge since the rotation is opposite the 59M they made for Cub Cadets. Note the orientation of the engine compared to the engine in a CC- the chipper inlet would be pointed towards the tractor to make it turn the right direction.

jkoenig

displayname
There ya go clouding my dreams with facts. Thanks for the info.

Latest posts