• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New (to me) Cub Cadet 76

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrhill

displayname
Jimmy R Hill
A couple of weeks ago, I picked up a Cub Cadet 76 Lawn Tractor from the original owner's son. I am trying to determine the model year. The plate has:

Cadet 76
0340010U013030 (followed by an embossed star)

From what I have read, the serial number is 13030, but in the charts I have seen, that puts the manufacture date too early...so I'm guessing I'm looking at the wrong charts. Any information or pointers to information would be greatly appreciated.

In addition to my IH Cub Cadet, I also have a 1971 IH Scout 800B Comanche. The IH Scout community is strong and the various bulletin boards are always helpful. I was happy to find that the IH Cub Cadet line has an equally strong and supportive following!
happy.gif

Like I have with my Scout, I plan to restore my CC 76, but still plan to use it for what it was built for. I take the Scout off-road as often as I can and I hope to be cruising the lawn on the mower. By spring, I should have it looking nearly new. I took it for a test spin already - mows great!

Here's a pic...
218266.jpg

HI Jimmy Hill! Welcome to the place with the answers for Cadets and Cub Cadets.

1) Your Model 76 is a Cadet - NOT a Cub cadet.
2) The Model 76 is a tractor style Lawn Mower- the deck was standard unlike the Cub Cadet Garden Tractors where it was an option.
3) Your Serial number 13030 was produced in 1972. Those Louisville production charts are for the Cub Cadet Garden Tractors.
4) The Operator's manual is IH Publicatipon 1 083 656-R1.
5) The Service Manual is IH GSS-1436.
6) The Parts Manual is Section A, IH TC-157.
7) You will NEED all three to restore and maintain your Model 76!!
8) The manuals should be available at Forum Sponsor Binder Books..just click on that pretty box at the top of the page.

FYI: I too have a Model 76 (a 1975 Spirit of 76) and a 1965 Model 800 Scout with the 1/2 V8 Comanche engine...way down in East Texas...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Thanks for the info Myron! Being new to the "tractor" side of International, I did not realize there were Cadets and Cub Cadets - looks like I have more reading to do. I have the GSS-1436 Service Manual already and the previous owner is sending me the Operators manual. I'll look into ordering the Parts manual - I have all three for my Scout, so I understand how useful they are to have around.

My Scout 800B has the IH-304V8. As you probably know, the Comanche label on mine is "doll-up" package it was shipped with. I believe the Comanche engine is the IH-152 4-cyl - Strong little engine!

Once again, thanks for the information!

Thanks for the pointer to the online parts listing - just took a look at it and was able to find the answer to a problem I encountered last night.

Back