• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New to cub cadet

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the addiction, Scott. There is a ton of info here in the reference materials, and even more in the centuries of experience with these tractors that the members share collectively.

I’ll start by asking what model do you have? Do you know? We love photos. They load nicely with the “attach files” button at lower left when posting.

Where are you in Ohio? I go to the Columbus area next week for work.

Scott,

Here is the procedure to access a wealth of information:

1) Click on the Forums tab.
Forum.tabs.forums.png

2) click on Technical Forums:
Forum.technical.forums.png

3) Click on IH Cub Cadet Forums:
Forum.technical.forums.IHCC.png

4) The first six threads are "stickies" and stay at the top of the list regardless of any recent activity. Other threads will have those with the most recent posts at the top.
Forum.technical.forums.IHCC.stickies.png

Among those "stickies" are extremely useful threads and links to manuals, FAQs, Wiring Diagrams, History, and some better than new VERY cool creations. Spend some time reading the FAQs. There is a ton of info packed in those, including serial number locations, and identification breakddowns.

That parts link is the official Cub Cadet parts lookup site. Spend some time learning how to maneuver in that site as well.

Also, When looking for parts, first consult our sponsors, often referred to as "the colorful boxes above":
Forum.sponsor boxes.png

Last edited:
Sorry, number 2) should be scroll down to, not click on technical forums.

Welcome Scott, I am only a newbie still in a way myself. I come from Australia for the wealth of information here. Plus the helpful and nice people here make the stay definitely worthwhile.

FrankenCub. From his other thread on this:

I recently bought this cub cadet. I was told it was a 104. But with the fenders it should be a 106? I have no idea what it is. Can you put 106 fenders on a 104? Any help would be appreciated

Attachments
Like Quote Reply

[IMG alt="JPrattico"]https://cdn2.imagearchive.com/ihcubcadet/data/avatars/m/15/15765.jpg?1607465891[/IMG]
JPrattico

JoinedDec 8, 2020Messages261LocationNew YorkdisplaynameCubcadet_107
Yesterday at 4:53 AM

I din't look this up, but on the other thread, it says the serial and fenders are 106. Hood, light panel, and seat are mismatched.

Last edited:
Yes, that serial # would make it a 106 (serial # 379143 was manufactured late February of 1971), with what appears to be a 102 hood and seat.

I just noticed something. Definitely not the hood off a 102. Note the forward slant to the front of the hood, matching the grille casting. 102 hood slants backwards, as the 102 had a different grille casting.

Combined with the fiberglass dash cowl, I still believe its a 1X4 1X5 hood and dash. The decals on it are for a 70/100 too.

Unless, I've got the dash cowl wrong. Might be the correct 106 one after all. Taking another look at the photos, it quite clearly looks as though someone swapped the hood recently as it does not match with the rest of the machine. There seems to be an abnormally, large gap between the grille casting and the hood itself, plus the hood looks rather far forward. Definitely something going on... perhaps the hood from a 70/100? This has me perplexed now.

Last edited:
Back