• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New skids for snow blades

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akiszka

displayname
Anthony Kiszka
I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on a conversion I just did to my 54" plow. It was missing the skids and would dig when trying to plow. I knew IH/CC skids are small diameter and can dig as well. I bought a skid kit for a warn ATV plow, it turns out that it pretty much a bolt on. I had to clearance the skid bracket to match the blade angle with a hand hack saw and thats all. The bolt provided in the kit was even the corrct size. A lock washer is all the hardware you need. There is plenty of adjustment to hold the blade from just skimming to 2" off the ground.
110921.jpg

Anthony,

What did that kit cost? I have a blade that is missing the skids also, and that would be a great kit to get if it isn't to expensive. I have also thought about rigging up some wheels like the township I worked for used on the gravel roads. I use it on all concrete right now so the skids mainly will help to save the life on the cutting edge.

Back