• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New owner of a 124 and a belt question/Hello

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravellar

displayname
Robert Avellar
Hi everyone. This is my first Cub Cadet-a 124 model. I don't actually have it in my possession yet but I will shortly. Its in pretty good shape but will need a good cleaning and I may do some resto work on it this winter. It has wheel weights,headlights, 42" deck, and a plow. I started looking into these and a guy I know that has a few of these in various conditions needed my carpentry skills and offered to swap my labor for the tractor. Probably a couple of days work more or less. It does need a better seat and It needs a belt from the PTO to the 42 " deck. I don't have a part # for the belt and I want to get it ordered. I did order a manual on CD but that might take a while. I was wondering if someone could find the part # for the belt and I'm guessing one of the advertisers would be a goood source to buy from. I've checked a lot of suppliers but can't find the part # for sure.
Lastly , is the 124 less common than many of the other models or less desirable? I ask because it seems like 124 parts seem harder to find.
Nice to have this forum available and I appreciate the help. Hopefully I will be able to return the favor when I'm not such a newbie.

Robert, welcome!
groupwave.gif
Please note that the 124 is a Garden Tractor and posts regarding it should be placed in the main IH Cub Cadet Forum, for more exposure. Having said that, the main mower deck drive belt (aka: mule drive belt) for a 124 with a 42" mower deck would be part number: 490489-R2.

The 124 is about as common as any of the other older models I think it may depend on your location as to what models are more common. Most parts should be readily available, you just have to know where to look.

Thank you and sorry for being in the wrong forum. I'm not usually that stupid. Thanks again. That was quick.

Robert, lots of people make the same mistake, thinking, it has a mower deck, so it must be a lawn tractor.
happy.gif

I can see where new owners of vintage Cub Cadets are mislead into thinking they have a lawn tractor. Anyone really notice the 40th anniiversary time frame printout. I don't have my copy with me offhand however MTD proudly boasts of when THEY introduced garden tractors into the the Cub Cadet line and insinuate that everything else before that year was just a lawn tractor. GEESH.....
1a_scratchhead.gif

Back