• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New Old 104 Owner

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Lewis

Hello all,
Just received a 104 back and decided to join, looking for help. Picked up a Cub 104 for my father-in-law a few years ago from a neighbor. He used it a few times, had trouble with the mower belt jumping off, and parked it. I just got it back and have taken it to South west Florida where my wife and I just purchased a house. Unfortunately, we got there and found the tractor will not run. It appears there is no spark to the plug...but I guess that is a problem to address to other areas on this site.
I have had/have a few other tractors, (Several Sears and a J.D. 400), but this is my first Cub.

Welcome, Bill! No spark is such a typical problem. It's usually something simple A moderator may steer you to the "general forum" where I just read another post about the same problem. My biggest problem with the no spark situation has boiled down to corrosion on the points. Little buggers seem to get pissy when they don't get some use. Stick around - we'll get it running and go from there. :)
Now I tell you "joke". I have a friend who is legally blind. He had his brother help him try to start a 108. His brother told him it had no spark. I went to help and saw spark - and a bone dry gas tank. They can be fun, if you let them be, and the 10 horse will do most anything a 14 horse will (in my humble opinion). :)

Last edited:
Hi Frank and Thank you for the welcome and words of encouragement. I'm sure I will get the info and help needed from those on this site. After I do get it running, I would guess the next thing might be to do some rewiring. Some is looking old and pretty rough, but I do not think that is my issue now. Probably something like you suggest. Take care!

Go to www.isavetractors.com

He has a youtube channel with some very informative videos. This one is particularly informative.

He also sells just about everything you need for your Kohler K series engine. He is a little more expensive than other suppliers, but his stuff is top notch and he will talk to you on the phone with any issues you have and he ALWAYS replies to emails.

Latest posts

Back