• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to have to find, buy, or borrow a PTO clutch adjustment tool. I have or at least had 1 but after many years since I rebuilt one, I can’t find it

Yeah I know. The clutch on my 106 is still working fine. Already have new friction material. Just don’t have that tool. Who knows I may find the one I had yet. I rarely discard anything like that. Just have a near a 5000 ft sq. Machine shop/welding shop to look through.

It's not mine but I've worked at a machine/ fabrication shop for over 31 yrs,nice to have access when I'm doing these projects. I thought maybe you either owned or had access to one by some of the work you did on the tractor

It's not mine but I've worked at a machine/ fabrication shop for over 31 yrs,nice to have access when I'm doing these projects. I thought maybe you either owned or had access to one by some of the work you did on the tractor
It began as a hobby. I have no formal schooling, never worked as an apprentice. just bought a lathe one day. It became addictiction. The lathe lead to an old wore out milling machine. At the time I was running heavy earth moving equipment as a day job. I found myself at a point "Laid Off" began looking for things to self support myself. after 30+ years I've never looked back. found a hobby & passion I was fortunate to make money at the same time>>>>

IMG_4167.JPG

bearing fits were loose on shaft, but real problem was it had lost the length fit to hold it a blade hub. single point threaded the lower end for 3/4" NF nut.

Attachments

• IMG_4169.JPG
    IMG_4169.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 124
IMG_4170.JPG
all that is remaining is a small weld bead around collar & reassemble. I think this little shaft assembly was near $200 from MTD. (buzzards on a limb) I can start from scratch & at 65$ pr hr make it for 140$ give me a run of (20) cost drops to around 80$.... MTD wants all these old IH Cubs to just fade away!!!!!

Yeah it sure is nice to have the steel on hand,I don't know how many times I used material right outta the scrap barrel to either repair or manufacture something. And yes it saves a ton of money at times!

Take a close look at large center pulley. Top belt flange is 2" larger. With the re-done mule drive & this modification, I never toss a belt unless some kind of debris goes through the system....

That turned out great! I have a48in deck that is trashed full of holes,didn't know what I was gonna do about it. I think maybe I'll give building it from scratch a shot. I have the old deck as a pattern.

Another thing I recently done was restore the brake pads. Near $200 is criminal for rivet on friction material. I had a "new" old VW beetle clutch disk here. IDK probably buy new today for 35$ slightly larger Diameter but hey!! canalized 1 side off of it, drill & countersink new holes. End of problem!

measure up the blade spindle holes. get them a closely spaced as possible. build everything else around that. don't matter if it looks OE it will be functional & probably better than OE

Back