• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wh cc guy

IHCC Supporter
Just joined. Just bought 782 and 682 to try to restore. 782 has a briggs 18 hp engine, 682 has series 2 kohler. Looks like lots of fun ahead.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg782 CC.jpg
    Untitled.jpg782 CC.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 236
  • Untitled.jpg682 CC.jpg
    Untitled.jpg682 CC.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 224
Nice looking machines. Looks like a nice MTD built 682. Odd choice of repower for that 782, but it's a nice looking machine as well. Has the early grille still with the mesh insert still in it. I've always liked that look better than the later grille.

Welcome!

Started work on the 782. Checked compression and had 110 on both clys. Glad to see that. Tried to get it started but no luck. Checked plugs and cleaned them and they were firing. No gas so checked fuel lines and cutoff. Seemed to be ok. Removed card and dissembled. Could not believe what was inside.
782 cub 037.JPG
Carb cleaner would not clean some of it out so I scraped some of it out and let it set in the cleaner another
day. It was better but didn't get it all out. Put it back together and it did start.
Ckecked out some other things and found. Starter switch was bad. had to buy a new one. Voltage regulator was bad. Bought a new one. PTO didn't work right. The magnetic fields ok but bearing was bad. Bought new bearing and reworked the rest of it.782 cub 084.JPG

Reworked disk brakes. Started to fix the mess of wiring po made but put it off until later.

Steering gear needed reworked. Bought Ross gear easy steering kit and tried to replace pin that follows worm gear. I found out it can't be removed unless the steering column is removed. I have taken one out of a 1650 tractor before and it is a major job. May leave it alone and live with the play in the steering.
Thats enough for a while I tired of play with it. Save some fun for another day.

Attachments

• 782 cub 075.JPG
    782 cub 075.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 214
Back