• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found an old cub cadet. it runs great and I wish to restore it. My grandfather was an international dealer in Muncy PA in the 50`s through 2000. He sold full size IH tractors, lawn tractors (cub cadets) and 4 X 4 scouts. I thought it would be kinda cool to own an old origial so I`m working on it. Just don`t know the year yet so I will not be able to start buying parts until I know what I`m working with.

Thank you for the welcome. Why am i seeing SO many advertisements to things not at all related to IH of cub cadets ? I thought that this site was to be free from such crap. I believe that I will un-register as thuis site seems to be infected with spam sites??

Thank you for the welcome. Why am i seeing SO many advertisements to things not at all related to IH of cub cadets ? I thought that this site was to be free from such crap. I believe that I will un-register as thuis site seems to be infected with spam sites??
Your choice, but I only see the 4 "banner" ads at the top and I am guessing those fellas pay to put them there to help support the site. It takes income to keep the site going I'm sure and it costs us nothing to join. If you are inundated with ads, your computer may have been infected elsewhere.

You'll find we are a good natured bunch here and don't "flame" others because we are here to help each other, the moderators will step in if things start getting out of hand.
There is an absolute wealth of information here that you may not find anywhere else. There are complete service and parts manuals for most cubs here that are free for the downloading. Most members here have worked on cubs for a long time and some are professional mechanics. They share their expertise and knowledge with us (along with a few jokes here and there) and we are all the better for them.

Thank you Jim, I`m not a forum or chat or social media guy so I am not familiar what chat room etiquette. I shall become a paying member in order to gain access to manuels for my Nov 1969 cub cadet, now that someone was willing to show me the serial number chart and I now know the year. I wish to do a total restore of the hydrostatic trans, which works fine now but anything man makes can break.

Just a note - if you're not signed/logged into the forum when viewing, you will get a lot of ads.

copy that. I`m logged in and am now looking at fiber optics ads + swim wear for women ads +wholesale food ads. It goes on and on. Oh, now a St. Judes ad, they just keep popping up. I turn them off and the ads are sponsered by Google.

I appreciate that someone else states that they see the pop-up ads as well. Enough of that though and on to some more serious cub cadet tractor issues for resolution. I have a slight steering issue that has to do with the left front steering spindle housing, not exactly sure what to refer to this piece as. There is a noticeable amount of slop or play when steering and I can visually see the left front spindle arm turning, yet the wheel does not turn immediately, so there is some play inside the spindle housing and I have yet to tear it apart to see what is worn or needs replaced. Any thoughts on that before I dismantle to check for wear ? I will tear into this over the weekend but any heads up would be greatly appreciated as to what to look for and what I might find.

This is news to me. I signed up, paid a small fee and became an IHCC member. Have the latest Apple IOS system; Apple has a good firewall but still was inundated with spam, 100 msgs daily. Changed email address in March and explored ways to stop the crap. I was sloppy, never click on a suspicious headline, never click on an offending site and tell them to 'f' off, never use the unsubscribe button....those three actions will get you more spam. Apple has a really good junk folder, lets you erase all junk at once in two strokes. The only spam now is from 3-4 golf teachers and that's now stopped.
Cheers, Jack

This is news to me. I signed up, paid a small fee and became an IHCC member. Have the latest Apple IOS system; Apple has a good firewall but still was inundated with spam, 100 msgs daily. Changed email address in March and explored ways to stop the crap. I was sloppy, never click on a suspicious headline, never click on an offending site and tell them to 'f' off, never use the unsubscribe button....those three actions will get you more spam. Apple has a really good junk folder, lets you erase all junk at once in two strokes. The only spam now is from 3-4 golf teachers and that's now stopped.
Cheers, Jack
I believe you and now that I now the year of my tractor I`m done here. So long and happy cadetting to you all. I have mine for sale locally and have interested parties already.

Copy that solder. I paid a $20 annual membership fee just to find out what year my cub was and now that I know that it is a 1968, I took pictures and it goes live on my local Graigs list this evening, thursdsay June 8th. It was worth the annual fee so I could purchase several shop manuals on ebay and I`m all set. This will be my last post or response to anyone else`s replies/posts. Now I need to find out how to unsubscribe from emails from this site.

Copy that solder. I paid a $20 annual membership fee just to find out what year my cub was and now that I know that it is a 1968, I took pictures and it goes live on my local Graigs list this evening, thursdsay June 8th. It was worth the annual fee so I could purchase several shop manuals on ebay and I`m all set. This will be my last post or response to anyone else`s replies/posts. Now I need to find out how to unsubscribe from emails from this site.
See ya!

Latest posts

Back