• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Scott.

I have a 109 that my dad bought new in 1972. It’s had one engine overhaul and one set of mower spindles. That was about 30 years ago.

Actually, engine rebuilds is something I have a question about. Years ago, my dad had the engine rebuilt, since then, we need to jump it to start because the standard battery doesn’t have the cranking power. The compression was correct when I checked about 5 yrs ago. I swapped the starter/gen out already to no avail. Any ideas??

If engine clearances are not correct, the engine will be more difficult to turn over, as in being too tight. Also, is the ACR (Automatic Compression Release) working properly? Load test battery, check for high resistance wiring and components.

If engine clearances are not correct, the engine will be more difficult to turn over, as in being too tight. Also, is the ACR (Automatic Compression Release) working properly? Load test battery, check for high resistance wiring and components.
In between the rebuild and present time, I re ran the wiring harness. Been thru’ 3 batteries. ‘Automatic compression release” ?? Ummmm? Muffler isn’t plugged.

I too am having cranking difficulties with a recently acquired model 70. Having already tried just about everything, I’m wondering…what gauge should the cables on a 7 hp be?

Lookie at what I found!!

Attachments

• IMG_0833.jpeg
    IMG_0833.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Thank you so much for that information!!

Back