• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New Member with 71

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is the 71

Attachments

• IMG_3852.jpeg
    IMG_3852.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Looks nice & clean Robert, even has the desirable round fenders and what appears to be custom exhaust with a rust-free cap.

Why the engine swap? Just curious if it is for more HP or to replace a deceased engine.

Best wishes!

Try a stronger penetrant on the clutch. I like PB Blaster. Let soak at least a day or two. Put some down that set screw hole also. Keep it wet and soaking. Some times it takes time to get things to loosen up.

Make sure ALL set screws are out, which should be 6 total. (2 each hole)
Clean all three top set screw holes out real good before putting a allen wrench in there.
Always use a nice allen wrench with crisp "new looking" edges so you won't strip any out.
If the set screw is already messed up, you can carefully drill it out and use an eze-out to remove it.

I'm spraying alternately pb Blaster and sea foams Deep Creep. The one outside set screw without point is boggered. maybe I will drill it out with a left hand bit if i can find one. it might have to come out without an ez-out. later this week. (maybe I should move this project to (refurbish and restore).
Thanks

Back