• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New Member intro and questions

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panderson

displayname
Phil Anderson
Hello all... I'm PhillyDude, and I just bought my very first tractor. (all: Hi PhillyDude)

Last night I picked up a Cub Cadet 1110 (with a Hydro transmission) from a guy who said he had posted it here for sale a while back. Got it from him in trade for an electric guitar and amp I had sitting around in storage... I think I got the better end of the deal.
happy.gif

Anyway, I was initially confused about model numbers... from the descriptions of the forum sections, the 1100 is considered a "lawn tractor" because it has a B&S and a belt. Since my 1100 has a B&S and a Hydro, am I even posting in the right section of the forums?

As far as the tractor goes, it's in good running condition (the guy I got it from is an auto mechanic, so it's been well maintained with many new parts). Not sure if this was his doing, but it's got a small car battery mounted up under the hood (rather than a lawn and garden battery)... is that something unusual for this model? It's also got an odd hitch system on the back that looks like it could have been a home-built rig... I'll have to look around at pics and stuff a little more to see what I can find out.

Cosmetically, she's a little rough (I assume that tractors are females?) but nothing that would keep her from doing her duties, which will be primarily keeping the grass cut, and hopefully someday being able to tow a cart down to the boat ramp at end of the street with our zodiac-type inflatable boat.

As for me, I just bought a property on the Eastern Shore of MD (where the tractor will make her home) but live just outside Philly, dude. I'm an endurance runner (have completed two ultra-marathons - 50 miles each), tinker with old cars (currently restoring a 1989 Chevy Cavalier convertible and driving a 1989 Ford F-150 when I need to haul stuff - in fact, the tractor's loaded in the back right now, waiting to get on the road to MD), and I've got a Harley Sportster that's a factory replica of the original 1959 model, which I used to ride a lot more than I do now, but still turns heads whenever I take it out.

Other than that, I've got the wife, a couple sons (9 and 11), a pain-in-the-ass dog, and not enough money to cover it all... so I'm looking forward to learning from all of you and keeping the tractor running (and working on her appearance along the way) on a budget.

Phil,
I've seen this tractor posted on Only Cub Cadets, I think last week. The hitch that's on it, is not original to the tractor. The lawn tractors had no hitches, other than the hitch plate that's used to tow carts and such. The hitch that's on that tractor is not original, and probably is not factory.

And for the right forum, this should actually be posted in the CCC and MTD Machines & Equipment section as the 1110 was not IH made, but made by CCC.

Here's the thread on Only Cub Cadets: http://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6549

In the second post you will see some links to the brochures for that series of lawn tractors.

Here's another thread for another 1110: http://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6500

Good luck.

Phil, WELCOME!
wave.gif
groupwave.gif
wave.gif

Phil if it's a 1100 it's an <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> built Cub Cadet Garden Tractor. If it's a 1110 it's an MTD built Lawn Tractor.

THANKS for the info and the especially the links... it is indeed the tractor which was posted on the other forum. SORRY I posted in the wrong section of the forum... further new threads will be placed in the right area now that I have a better idea of what's in my garage.

I haven't tried to narrow down any information about the tractor fromthe serial number yet, but it appears from the brochures that it's a 1986ish... newer than I thought. I used it to cut my little half acre yesterday and it worked flawlessly. I was even able to get it out of the back of my pickup with no difficulty... just backed up to a small hill on the property and rolled it right off.

See you all in the future (and the pasture!)

Back