• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New Member from West Virginia

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Liberto

Hello,
My name is Larry or LJ. I used to have a few Farmall Cubs but sold them and purchased a Cub Cadet 122. It came with a tired and worn out 42" mower deck and a tiller attachment. I repaired the mower deck enough to get me through this current mowing season and in the future I plan on doing a proper restoration of the deck. I haven't yet touched the tiller but it looks to be in good condition. I hope to learn a lot from all of you.

Thanks,

LJ

Attachments

• 20200423_185649.jpg
    20200423_185649.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 228
  • 20200425_115537.jpg
    20200425_115537.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 190
  • 20200425_115737.jpg
    20200425_115737.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 210
Welcom Larry - you found the best place to get all the info you need. You've got a pretty nice looking 122 there and I see a Creeper gearbox on it. Also looks like you did a nice job on the Cast-end deck that came with it. I can't tell from the pics what you have for a rear lift, hoping it has a spring assist on it. That "armstrong" lift handle will require 2 arms to lift that tiller and the handle tube will tend to bend over time - at least in my experience - unless you have a spring assist with it OR unless you have a rare hydraulic lift option.

Welcom Larry - you found the best place to get all the info you need. You've got a pretty nice looking 122 there and I see a Creeper gearbox on it. Also looks like you did a nice job on the Cast-end deck that came with it. I can't tell from the pics what you have for a rear lift, hoping it has a spring assist on it. That "armstrong" lift handle will require 2 arms to lift that tiller and the handle tube will tend to bend over time - at least in my experience - unless you have a spring assist with it OR unless you have a rare hydraulic lift option.
Thanks. I should have posted a before picture of the mower deck. It was rotten.
As for the lift, it does have a spring assist but in a couple of parts buckets there is also a hydraulic lift. I hope to work on that some day to determine if it is actually salvageable.

Back