• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New Member from SE PA with a 124.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mic'd the bore... 3.5166"on the high side. Other parts of the bore were 3.5132". So it exceeds max out of round, max taper and overall bore for 10 over.

Looks like I'll be going 20 over...

I win... :D

20210521_181953.jpg

Ended up drilling them out. I got an 1/8" and 3/16" left hand bit but they just ended up drilling through and never grabbing. So I went through with the #7 and retapped the holes. Well two anyway. I was able to knock it off without drilling the last one all the way out and now I'm going to put it in the drill press to drill out and tap just like the others.

Does the end of the crank look funny? It looks like someone put the pto together wrong and it was hitting the crank and it's just galled up, but it's really rough.

20210521_182103.jpg

Almost looks mushroomed like it was beat on
You know what? I think you're right.

I got the bearing off and the crank looks like someone "smoothed" it out with a grinding wheel... Oh well... It should still be serviceable.

My next thing is the bearing in the case is stuck to the crank and I can't get it out with the cam in there and the cam can't come out with the crank in there.

I think I'm going to bring out the oxy-acl torch tomorrow and see if I can heat the race up to get it to expand.

I second what Kraig said.
Also, make sure you have good crisp edges on the allen wrenches. Any rounded edges on the allen wrench will be sure to strip out the head in the set screw.

Good job David!

Back