• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New Member from OKC

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Grantham

Hello,

New to IH Cub Cadets. I'm helping a neighbor. He has a IH Cub Cadet 102. It appears to be all original. The 10 HP Kohler runs well. Where is the data plate located so we can tell the year it was made. Thanks in advance. I'm sure there will be tons of other questions before long.

About me: Retired from the Army 1985-2008, Desert storm and Iraqi freedom. Currently a govt employee. I love shotgun sports; and bird hunting with my 13 year old German Shorthair Pointer. I have 4 Wheel horse tractors, and would like to learn about the Cubs.
1975 C-160
1974 C-120
1975 C-100
1990 312-8

Gary

Last edited:
Welcome. The 102 was produced 1965 ,1966,1967. The data plate is on the rear of the tractor. I also have wheelhorse tractors and have restored them and sold for quite a while. I now have 3 wheelhorse and 3 cubs.I have repaired and sold 3 cubs. Kind of a hobby and do well to break even on sale. You will find there is a lot of difference in the two brands. Hard to say which is best I guess it depends on what you use it far.

Gary, WELCOME! The 102 serial number could be in a few different locations. Have a look at this link to the CUBFAQ

Thank you for your service! I grew up with German Shorthair Pointers, my father used to raise them. Love hunting Ruffed Grouse.

There are casting numbers on the various cast iron parts, those are not the serial numbers however. The serial number would be either stamped into the right side of the rear end ahead of the axles as shown in the CUBFAQ or on a stamped metal plate that is fixed to the rear end, either on the top right side or bottom left side, again as shown in the CUBFAQ.

I did find a number on the passenger side (right while sitting

Attachments

• D518D77E-6F9D-450B-983D-1CEA76AF103F.jpeg
    D518D77E-6F9D-450B-983D-1CEA76AF103F.jpeg
    76.7 KB · Views: 252
I put a good carb on it today, filed and reset the points, and a new spark plug. She fired right up. I believe there may be a leaking head gasket. I started getting a little smoke from the PTO side of the head area. I’ll check that out and get it fixed tomorrow

Back