• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New IH man key chain is sticky

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkoenig

In Remembrance 2023
displayname
Jim Koenig Halfway between Harvester, MO and Cadet, MO
I just picked up a couple of IH key chains, like CCS used to sell. When I unwrapped them from their plastic, they were sticky. I rinsed them off with water, but they are still sticky after a couple of weeks. In the label industry, we sometimes get what we call “plasticization” when a plastic label material, and an adhesive, or the surface applied to have a reaction. Could that be what happened with the plastic key chain inside of the plastic package? Does anyone have any idea how to stabilize, or neutralize the stickiness? Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

F17C8419-9419-47D4-A011-63A3DDF36F56.jpeg

...and you don’t want to see them after the cats rub up against them.

After seeing his Ohio rubber seat paint work, I’ll bet Steve N. Could come up with a paint to cure it. I wonder if some sunlight would help set them.

Rinsing with Isopropyl alcohol did not help. Maybe I should try soaking one.

The IH cadets are in good working condition.

I put one out in the sun, wiped another with vegetable oil, and put a third one in a ziptop bag with some IPA And let it soak for about half an hour.
..not craft beer, Isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol.

The IPA worked so well that I put the vegetable oil guy, and then the air drying guy into the ziptop bag one at a time, and I have no idea if either of the other two solutions might have done the job.

Here are two drying post soaking.

843AAF09-F4CA-424D-B1FF-8EBBCB1F4CB3.jpeg

Thanks to all for the suggestions, and I would buy them again.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back