• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New here and new to Cub’s

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Briggs

Hello,

I bought a basket case 1961 Cub Cadet last evening. Serial #23268. At least I think it is a 1961.....anyway the gent I got it from tore it down and sandblasted just about everything. He primed most of it. Seems mostly complete and he bagged and tagged quite a bit of stuff. What I know is missing are the original air cleaner ($$$) and exhaust. He told the Kohler ran perfect and it seems tight. Anyway lots of questions I’m sure. I have restored many Wheel Horses and a 1956 Economy country Squire so this should not be too bad. Pick of serial and one of my restorations.
616CC0D1-5022-421C-866B-B33BB42D5F5A.jpeg
41BD6409-105D-4F3E-854C-90FB95F58063.jpeg

Welcome Bob!
According to the serial #, it was made in Dec. 61'
We like pics, especially of cubs.

Really nothing but a pile of parts to photograph at this point. After a once over, I’ll need to repair the upper rear frame mounts which were cracked and shoddily repaired. I assume that is a weak point on these early models? Thanks for the welcome!

Bob, the rear frame mounts where the frame bolts to the reduction housing is a weak point. There is a reinforcing repair that can be done. Forum member Michael Masharis used to sell a kit of parts to weld on. Here are some photos of it installed:

Original Frame_01.jpg

Original Frame_02.jpg

Original Frame_03.jpg

Original Frame_04.jpg

Original Frame_05.jpg

Back