• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New Guy Here

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome abroad , any pictures of your Cub?
I have a 169 that I used to own 30 years ago. Will try to attach a picture. Thanks for welcome

Attachments

• 6E50C570-9C30-4172-AEE5-66EFC31D6BA6.jpeg
    6E50C570-9C30-4172-AEE5-66EFC31D6BA6.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 233
Dan - welcome to the IH Cub Cadet Forum. The best place on the internet to get all the info you need. Glad to see you recovered your 169. IH only produced about 4000 making them the 2nd rarest (the Model 800 is the rarest). If you take the time to search the Forum you'll find alot more info about the 169. They are equipped with a Kohler K-series engine, model K341A, 16hp engine - the most powerful engine IH used at the time of their production run. Hopefully yours still has the original engine.

Now, what some of the guys are getting at above when they mention wobble and vibration, is that even tho Kohler included balance gears in the engine they didn't balance it very good. You'll find alot more discussions of this issue in the Forum archives. Also, if you look at the colorful boxes at the top of the page you;'ll see one for Kirk Engines which is David Kirk's website. Suggest you click on the link to Kirk Engines and then look on the right hand columns for the link to his "Crankshaft Balance Plate Kit". You'll get some technical details about your engine. Also, while your on David's website you'll find some other neat things that might interest you in improving the performance of your engine.

Sweet, thank you Harry for reaching out to me. I will take your suggestions for poking around and learning more. The tractor is all original as to motor. The front wheel bearings are shot, one axle is worn out, muffler is there but cracked and loud. All things I will slowly repair. I think I will enjoy and appreciate this website the more I get used to it.

Wingnuts missing, don't lose that ring, they are expensive to replace.
I am thinking an exhaust leak could warp the plastic grille over time.

Back