• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New gear shift knob for October 1964 Cub Cadet 100 tractor

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awoloch

displayname
Anthony N. Woloch
Recently, I purchased from Cub Cadet Specialties a new rubber gear shift knob for my IH Cub Cadet 100 tractor. I am very pleased with the quality and appearance of the new gear shift knob. The old (rubber) gear shift knob was hard as a rock, cracked, and fastened to the gear shift shaft by heavy wire, duct tape, and possibly adhesive to boot. I had always assumed the original gear shift knob was hard plastic and threaded onto the shaft. Those assumptions were incorrect. It is simply a very tight interference fit facilitated by a air vent hole at the top of the (rubber) gear shift knob. Quick easy fix!

Here are some photos of the new and old gear shift knobs for my IH Cub Cadet 100.

Attachments

• IMG_7043.JPG
    IMG_7043.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_7044.JPG
    IMG_7044.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG_7048.JPG
    IMG_7048.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG_7045.JPG
    IMG_7045.JPG