• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New from Texas - Original and 100

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler Green

Hi All, new member in central Texas with 2 cubs. Bought together some time ago and starting to game plan parts/money. Work will be hot and cold on work as life/family keep me busy. Cubs would be used for just garden and small work.

My experience with cubs is limited to doing tractor pulling in College. We built our tractors off the transaaxle and is what made me want a cub.

my first question and I know is subjective.
would you do a restoration on original as it seems to be fairly intract? Or doesn’t matter. I do have carb, oil bath cleaner.
The 100 I am thinking more resto mod but thoughts appreciated.

Attachments

• 1CFEA616-640A-40F4-BC4F-934282C5FF89.jpeg
    1CFEA616-640A-40F4-BC4F-934282C5FF89.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 8CF12CB5-B659-49BC-8F00-BF6F551C80FC.jpeg
    8CF12CB5-B659-49BC-8F00-BF6F551C80FC.jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 90555348-0021-40E5-96E4-07E2BD1057F4.jpeg
    90555348-0021-40E5-96E4-07E2BD1057F4.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 63
  • BCB85A10-2906-45B4-86AA-5415C9B06C54.jpeg
    BCB85A10-2906-45B4-86AA-5415C9B06C54.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 61
Thanks for the compliments.
Carlisle Tru Power 23x10.5-12 rear tires.
Fenders were optional.
It's only time. How much time do we spend in front of the TV not accomplishing anything?
When I got covid pneumonia back in August, I couldn't do anything at all. I had to make myself walk 20 feet to the bathroom. When I got back to my seat, I was totally exhausted.
Slowly, I am recovering. In March I finally started feeling like doing a few things around here. I am still battling with my health, but have a different outlook on things. If I am able, I try to do things I would normally put off until later. I don't watch much TV anymore. Sometimes we don't appreciate our health until we don't have it. Don't take it for granted! :bluethumbsup:

Tyler, WELCOME!

Fenders were optional on both the Original and the 100.

Thanks for the compliments.
Carlisle Tru Power 23x10.5-12 rear tires.
Fenders were optional.
It's only time. How much time do we spend in front of the TV not accomplishing anything?
When I got covid pneumonia back in August, I couldn't do anything at all. I had to make myself walk 20 feet to the bathroom. When I got back to my seat, I was totally exhausted.
Slowly, I am recovering. In March I finally started feeling like doing a few things around here. I am still battling with my health, but have a different outlook on things. If I am able, I try to do things I would normally put off until later. I don't watch much TV anymore. Sometimes we don't appreciate our health until we don't have it. Don't take it for granted! :bluethumbsup:
Very true!...I only watch a little bit in the evenings with the little guy...

Mgwin. Sorry to hear Covid got you down but glad to hear you are getting back at it. Time for me is 2 littles (3 and 2 months) and every other project. But yes agree on health is easy to take for granted.

Welcome Tyler Green!!! I live close to Waco, so not so very far from you. I mostly try to keep something working to use, have not done a restoration yet. If I had a pretty tractor I would not want to get it dirty. Have Cadet 60, 70, 102, 122, 128, and 149 w/ tiller. Not all those are working. I use the 128 mostly.

Chigger good to hear of someone close. Think I am going to buy a another 100 and 782 but both are pretty rough condition so may end up with a similar collection.

Back