• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New from Eastern Iowa

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad McGowan

IHCC Supporter
New to the group, my families first rider was a Cub Cadet 70, that was 56 years ago. I am in the market for one just like we had. I have a line on one but am still looking. I look forward to taking advantage of all that is offered here. Regards!
Cal 4.jpg

Welcome Brad! Your story is similar to many of ours here. Good luck in your search.

Welcome aboard, Brad!
Where at in eastern Iowa?
I am 30 miles west of Dubuque
Give me a call if you are over this way sometime.
Thanks, nice to hear from you. I live just South of Iowa City down towards Kalona. I am hoping to locate a 70 within a couple of hundred miles of me. I just want one that has all the correct pieces including fenders. Regards!

Brad, WELCOME!
Where are you at in WI.? My wife and I get up there quite a bit, she is from New Berlin. We did the big Badgerland steam show and also Garden Tractor show in Portage, lots of nice Cub Cadets there. I have a line on a 70 but it is over by Indianapolis, hope to find a closer one. Regards, Brad

Hey Brad - welcome aboard the best Cub Cadet Forum on the internet. I highly recommend touching base with David Schwandt, especially since he offered. He knows his stuff when it comes to IH Cub Cadets. He's got quite the herd and has restored many. I'm sure he'll be able to help you out as you're looking.

By the way, the Model 100 is really the same tractor as a Model 70 except the 100 has a 10hp Kohler while the 70 had the 7hp. There may be just a couple other quite minor differences like the steering wheel and mount.

And remember,
Old Cubs Never Die
They just find another resting place.

Hey Brad - welcome aboard the best Cub Cadet Forum on the internet. I highly recommend touching base with David Schwandt, especially since he offered. He knows his stuff when it comes to IH Cub Cadets. He's got quite the herd and has restored many. I'm sure he'll be able to help you out as you're looking.

By the way, the Model 100 is really the same tractor as a Model 70 except the 100 has a 10hp Kohler while the 70 had the 7hp. There may be just a couple other quite minor differences like the steering wheel and mount.

And remember,
Old Cubs Never Die
They just find another resting place.
Thanks for that info, kinda hung up on a 70 as that's what we had when I was a kid. Regards!

How nice does it have to be?
I would rather pay a little more and get a complete one, I am hung up on one with fenders. It doesn't have to run but should not need a lot to get it running, nothing that has been sitting outside forever. Tires should hold air. I found one over by Indianapolis that is suppose to have a decent motor asking price 550.00 it has fenders. I have seen the fenders for sale at 250 on up. Thanks!

Where are you at in WI.? My wife and I get up there quite a bit, she is from New Berlin. We did the big Badgerland steam show and also Garden Tractor show in Portage, lots of nice Cub Cadets there. I have a line on a 70 but it is over by Indianapolis, hope to find a closer one. Regards, Brad
I am in St. Croix county over on the west side of the state.

New to the group, my families first rider was a Cub Cadet 70, that was 56 years ago. I am in the market for one just like we had. I have a line on one but am still looking. I look forward to taking advantage of all that is offered here. Regards!View attachment 147100
Welcome from Maine. Still using my dad’s 1972 (though his first Cadet was a model 70). I’ve augmented my collection with a 1968 for snow pushing duty.

Back