• FIRST AND LAST NAMES ARE REQUIRED WHEN REGISTERING

New from Colorado

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

Jerrod Massey

Hello,
I’m new to the world of garden tractors even newer to pulling garden tractors. Which is what I’m interested in, my eleven year old would like to start pulling. I’m trying to learn which cub cadets are the most suitable for building a beginner puller. Looking forward to learning all I can.

Cubbie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Porch lover
Welcome to the forum Jerrod. You came to the right place. Enjoy!

Jerrod Massey

Welcome Jerrod. Lots of info here but not much going on here about pulling tractors. Maybe some members can help.
Pulling is my main interest, but I’m interested in Cubs generally, older Cubs specifically. For instance can someone tell me which models were shaft driven? I’ve been told the even number models.

RAllison

IHCC Supporter
Pulling is my main interest, but I’m interested in Cubs generally, older Cubs specifically. For instance can someone tell me which models were shaft driven? I’ve been told the even number models.
Only thing I know about some of the early cubs was that numbers ending odd were hydrostatic and even were gear driven. These guys here can tell you thousands more than me tho :rolleyes:

Jerrod Massey

80A9AB68-8E56-408B-B59D-FC0FDDBAC9B3.jpeg

1811Cub

displayname
1811Cub
More power to ya if you can secure tractors like that for $300. Realistic price in Cubsylvania for a tractor like that is more like $500. Nobody around here gives away anything notable! Even the MTD junk from the early 2000's isn't that cheap.