• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New Carburetor

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wjanulis

IHCC Supporter
displayname
wade janulis
Hey guys I'm looking for a new carburetor for a 1250 Cub. Any ideas where i can get one? I've seen some on Amazon, but not sure if those are worth a crap.
Any help would be great! Thanks. Wade

It is recommended that you support the board sponsors. If they can't meet your needs, I have heard that isavetractors line of China replacement carbs are decent, but retail for 3 times what an Amazon carb sells for.

I would exhaust all avenues with your original one before buying a reproduction carb. Usually a good clean, throttle bushing and a OEM rebuild kit will bring it back to peak performance.

Sponsors should be your first resource; they have serviced me well. Price should not always be the prime motivator.
I'm trying them, but not having a lot of luck. I think I found a rebuild kit for it on Cub Cadet Specialties but not sure if it comes with everything I need. As to a actual replacement Carb., no such luck yet.

OEM rebuild kit is KH-25-757-01S. As long as the throttle shaft is not worn and float is ok, you won't need anything else. It comes with the bowl baffle and gasket, bowl bolt gasket, needle, seat, seat gasket, and float pivot pin. The float is available separately if needed, as are bushings to repair a loose throttle shaft.

I’ve had success with Norman at www.iSaveTractors.com
He is manufacturing an excellent Kohler clone (not Chinese garbage) at half the price of original equipment.

I have not personally used one of his carbs, but I have heard mostly good but somewhat mixed reviews on them. I know of a few people who still couldn't get their tractor to run quite right with one of those carbs. They are likely still Chinese produced, but with more quality control than the $14 ones all over the place on the internet, some of which are truly horrible.

OEM rebuild kit is KH-25-757-01S. As long as the throttle shaft is not worn and float is ok, you won't need anything else. It comes with the bowl baffle and gasket, bowl bolt gasket, needle, seat, seat gasket, and float pivot pin. The float is available separately if needed, as are bushings to repair a loose throttle shaft.

I have not personally used one of his carbs, but I have heard mostly good but somewhat mixed reviews on them. I know of a few people who still couldn't get their tractor to run quite right with one of those carbs. They are likely still Chinese produced, but with more quality control than the $14 ones all over the place on the internet, some of which are truly horrible.
I needed to replace my original because I couldn’t get the float needle to stop leaking and filling the combustion cylinders with gasoline. I first tried the Amazon solution, but returned it the next day. I ordered the iSaveTractors carb and it even came with a second choke pin so I was able to correctly configure the choke cable. Works like a charm and no more leaking past the float.

Back