• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New 3206

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightowl66

I just picked a 3206 with a 54" deck today. Very well kept, 325 hrs. A couple questions.
It is one without the height adjustment knob. I noticed when the deck is raised, the front is lower than the rear. According to the manual you level the deck with it raised, then set the height with the front casters and rear rollers.
If it is riding on the casters and rear rollers when mowing, then the adjustments when it is raised are not doing anything? I took the deck off to check things out and haven't tried leveling yet.
Also, where the throttle cable goes into the throttle/choke assembly in the dash, the throttle cable outer part is moving in and out of the end piece. Pics attached to explain.
Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• 20210425_005008.jpg
    20210425_005008.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 221
  • 20210425_005023.jpg
    20210425_005023.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 216
  • 20210425_005124.jpg
    20210425_005124.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 216
  • Inked20210425_011428_LI.jpg
    Inked20210425_011428_LI.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 216
Only an assumption...leveling deck with it up is probably about ground clearance when traveling...The casters and roller should be cutting height...I've trailered a lot of mowers and raised height matters when loading....you're going to love that rear roller setup.....no scalp

Deck all leveled even though it rests on the casters and rollers, it does mow nice.
A couple other questions. According to the serial #, 1F290G20108, it was made in 2000? Tractor Data says they were made 2001-2002. Also, Kohler model CH20S, 20hp? I thought they came with 22hp.
It also came with the original sales receipt from 2005 for $5400 which doesn't make sense since they were made in 2000-2001.
Not that any of that matters, whoever owned before took exceptional care of it. I'm just curious.

New old stock sale?

Your tractor is engineering revision 1. It was built on June 29th, 2000 in the Brownsville TN plant on the 2nd assembly line and was the 108th machine built that day.

3206's were built from 2000-2002 and came with a Kohler Command CH20S engine and a CI rear with a differential lock. Be careful using the diff lock.

Your throttle cable is a common problem. Some guys have used JB weld to attach it back together. I have one that does the same thing.

Good looking machine. Adjust the deck so that when it rides on the casters and rollers the blade tips are about 1/8" lower in the front with the blades parallel to the frame. You will love the foot controlled hydro and these machines will give the best cut of any Cub Cadet ever built.

I've been going thru and replaced the reverse pedal bushings and that made a difference. I took the fenders off to find the hydraulic leak and it is at the top of the lift valve. I read that is a common issue but I don't see the o ring listed in the parts manual. Anybody have the part #?
Also, anything else I should be replacing while I have it apart?
There is play in the lift handle and will be ordering the nylon flange bearings for that.
I also read somewhere that there is a battery cover, mine doesn't have one and I did not see it in the parts diagram either.
Thanks for any help.

Back