• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New 108 is home.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now the problem is the spark plug wire doesn’t want to go onto the coil! Grr.

Attachments

• 467B04D7-5A67-4A01-81B9-62835E26DFA8.jpeg
    467B04D7-5A67-4A01-81B9-62835E26DFA8.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1685.MOV
    10.3 MB
There's always something...

Try wrapping it with tin foil?

The saga continues. I attempted to remove the cap from the coil with vise grips and the column shattered. I just ordered a new coil. Maybe next week she’ll be running! Thanks again, all.

The saga continues. I attempted to remove the cap from the coil with vise grips and the column shattered. I just ordered a new coil. Maybe next week she’ll be running! Thanks again, all.
I can't follow your posts. 1st you say you shattered the coil then you post a video of attempting to start it.

Ok, if you ordered the coil I hope it's the correct one.

Now, you've got a known good coil on the 1250. Why not try using it to start the 108?

And when you attempt starting it answer Mike F's questions. I'd do them in reverse.

Check for spark at the plug by removing the plug from the head, insert the plug into the coil wire and then hold the plug bottom against the heat shield and look for plug sparking while you hold the key switch in the starting position. If you have spark then all you need is an air/fuel mixture for the engine to run.

Next check your carb and see if you have any signs of gas around the choke butterfly and inside the carb. If the carb is working correctly you should see gas spraying while attempting to start and looking inside the carb through the choke butterfly opening. If you see gas and you have spark at the plug it should start.

Oops, hold your horses. I forgot to ask if you verified the S/G is turning the engine the correct direction. It should be counterclockwise (CCW) but I don't want to get into which direction is CCW - so the best thing for you to do is look at the direction your 1250 rotates when you click the ignition switch (yes you have to look at the flywheel side where the driveshaft is connected) and then do the same thing with the 108 to see if it's turning the same direction. If it is you have a good chance it's gonna start. If it's turning the opposite direction then your S/G is wired wrong internally. I don't really know if you can reverse the internal wiring to make it turn the other direction.

If you stand on your head and view the last video, you will think it is turning the correct direction:roflol:.

So Stich - I can't tell from the video. Is it turning the right or wrong direction?

Dustin - forgot to mention about retorquing the head since you reinstalled it. You need to follow the sequence shown in the manual and don't over torque.

Magnified as far as possible in windows, it appears wrong to me. Then again, remember the wagon wheels spinning backwards in the old movies.
I'll leave it to your expertise to explain CCW looking at the front of the pulley.

Magnified as far as possible in windows, it appears wrong to me. Then again, remember the wagon wheels spinning backwards in the old movies.
I'll leave it to your expertise to explain CCW looking at the front of the pulley.
Stich - I think you're right.

Dustin - it does appear your repaired S/G is rotating the wrong direction to start a Kohler K series engine.
Suggest you verify as I described previously, and make sure you let us know. I'm sure we must have some guys on here that can address whether your S/G can be made to rotate the opposite direction.

Back