• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New 108 is home.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dustin Wilson

This one needs a good bit of work, but I’m happy to have a geared cadet.

Attachments

• 72567CD7-82C5-44E1-8EB4-45C4B0097BA8.jpeg
    72567CD7-82C5-44E1-8EB4-45C4B0097BA8.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 1
  • D3C358DB-8231-45F3-BFEC-6604B88575E4.jpeg
    D3C358DB-8231-45F3-BFEC-6604B88575E4.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 11F48C6C-0945-4294-8AAA-4AD5BFA85C55.jpeg
    11F48C6C-0945-4294-8AAA-4AD5BFA85C55.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 0
Dustin - doesn't look to bad. Looks like a pretty nice seat, which to me is usually an indication of being cared for. On the other hand I see the rubber grip is missing on the armstrong lift handle. Don't like that. And you didn't say anything further about the engine. I see the S/G is missing. I'm sure you'll be filling us in and you inspect.

Well, I think a broken rod is more likely than a stuck valve but we'll have to wait for Dustin to remove the head and fill us in.

Sheesh, I noticed a good amount of old grass when I pulled the plug. That's a good reason there to remove the head, huh?! EDIT: It looked like grass at first, but appears to be rust.

Last edited:
what are you trying to show us - looking into the cylinder, I don't think the piston is directly under the spark plug. I believe the plug sits between the valves.

Looks like a "black hole" to me. Who knows what's waiting for us out there in the galaxies far far away (or underneath a cylinder head) :feint:

Dustin - doesn't look to bad. Looks like a pretty nice seat, which to me is usually an indication of being cared for. On the other hand I see the rubber grip is missing on the armstrong lift handle. Don't like that. And you didn't say anything further about the engine. I see the S/G is missing. I'm sure you'll be filling us in and you inspect.
Good to hear. Yes, the S/G was removed, but it came with two (different models). I pulled the plug and it was an odd Champion. Model J19LM. Replaced with an H10C.

Back