• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New 108 is home.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She runs! It was the points. Also, I had to run a new wire to the points to get spark there. Thanks do very much all!
Geez Dustin - I watched the video but are you really sure it's running and you weren't just trying to fake us out by shaking your phone camera a little????

Also, are you sure that tractor is a 108? Pretty certain I saw a blue stripe on the hood decal in the video. That would make it a 14hp or 16hp hydro. Could it have just been my eyes?

Does it drive?
Does it drive?
Does it drive?

(You probably don't realize how much fun you've given us all over the last several days. Other than your coil disassembly attempt you've been a really great new member and I'm wondering what's next. There must be another CC advertised close by and not running!)

:greenthumb:

Geez Dustin - I watched the video but are you really sure it's running and you weren't just trying to fake us out by shaking your phone camera a little????

Also, are you sure that tractor is a 108? Pretty certain I saw a blue stripe on the hood decal in the video. That would make it a 14hp or 16hp hydro. Could it have just been my eyes?

Does it drive?
Does it drive?
Does it drive?

(You probably don't realize how much fun you've given us all over the last several days. Other than your coil disassembly attempt you've been a really great new member and I'm wondering what's next. There must be another CC advertised close by and not running!)

:greenthumb:
Here’s another video of the 108. I think you saw my 1250 which is parked in front of the 108.

And, it drives! Forward and reverse!

I wish I could save ‘em all!

Attachments

• IMG_1724.MOV
    33.8 MB
Here’s another video of the 108. I think you saw my 1250 which is parked in front of the 108.

And, it drives! Forward and reverse!

I wish I could save ‘em all!

Nope - I even watched the 2nd video where you seem to be out of gas and barely run. I STILL SEE A BLUE STRIPE on the hood decal. So I went back and looked at your very first pics of the 108. There seems to be something goin on with the colored stripe in the decal. It doesn't look green like it's supposed to since it's a 10hp. Looks more like someone did some touch up paint'n.

IT DRIVES to!!!!!!

The members on this site are dedicated to (nearly) save'n'm ALL.

Go get some MORE!!!!!

You just graduated from novice to official apprentice status. :greenthumb:

One weird thing I noticed is that when I drove it, it lurched forward and reverse very abruptly. Is that how the gear drives are, or should I adjust the clutch?

One weird thing I noticed is that when I drove it, it lurched forward and reverse very abruptly. Is that how the gear drives are, or should I adjust the clutch?
If you're popping the clutch she'll certainly jump on ya. Otherwise I'm a hydro guy and the gearheads on here are really best to advise you, but it might just be rusty pressure plates from sitting and runn'n her around, shifting only when fully stopped ( no shifting on the fly), might bring her back.

Hey Dust'n - now that you moved on up to apprentice I'd like to see you go back and change that fuel line you put on the 108. I know you just wanted to try and get her run'n but I saw you used that clear plastic line stuff which I don't like. Even tho it's rated as fuel line that stuff might just melt away from the heat of the engine. I'd like to see you use some of the regular rubber style like was on it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendation. Will do!
Dust'n - have another suggestion for you. Once you get the replacement coil so that both your tractors run again, you could have your wife run the 1250 and you could drive the 108. Maybe she would ease off on the "only just one" and you could grow your herd a bit more. :pop:

The 108. Carb rebuild kit is on the way. Fuel was leaking from the butterfly valve.
That sounds like a needle and seat issue, probably the most common problem. The IH engine service manual for wide frame tractors, provides the best pics and description details for installation. If you use the Kohler manual it's harder to figure which carb you're working on.

I mentioned previously the IH engine service manual is not in the Manuals section on the Forum.

Oh, and while you have the carb removed it's a great time to replace that plastic fuel line you previously installed.

Unfortunately, this part broke upon removal. Anyone know what it’s called?

Attachments

• 1A3D5AEA-1D7D-41BA-89AE-039175FA8370.jpeg
    1A3D5AEA-1D7D-41BA-89AE-039175FA8370.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
That sounds like a needle and seat issue, probably the most common problem. The IH engine service manual for wide frame tractors, provides the best pics and description details for installation. If you use the Kohler manual it's harder to figure which carb you're working on.

I mentioned previously the IH engine service manual is not in the Manuals section on the Forum.

Oh, and while you have the carb removed it's a great time to replace that plastic fuel line you previously installed.
Thanks, Harry. I appreciate it.

Thanks, Harry. I appreciate it.
Hey Dust'n - thank you to, but what about David? He told you about the "joint", and no they don't come on refer trucks :errrr:

When you get one make sure you screw the stem back in the same number of turns to get the correct length it originally had.

Back