• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

never too old to ride a cub

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary noblit

IHCC Supporter
Just wanted to share..I stopped by an older "farmhouse" to inquire about a cub sitting in the weeds..An older fellow (80,s) came out and we talked about the the 125 cub. It wasn't for sale but he couldn't remember if he used it last yr or before....He said he had a zero turn that wouldn't start and his grass was at least 7 in. high.He seemed like a good guy so I went home got some tools and a tester. I found a dead battery and a bad brake safety switch but got it running for him..A couple days ago I went back with intent to get the 125 running for him..Drained foul gas and it still had great spark.The battery was shot so I jumped it and the next thing it was running and a great smile spread . Went to town bought a new battery,fired it up,it moved fwd and rev. I suggested he take it for a ride.Grinning widely he drove it around the yard for at least 5 mins...I believe I made a friend ..That old cub meant something special to him..The lady of the house said he'll probably be on it until dark....

Very nice and kudos to you. 👍😎👍

IMG_20220628_122342.jpg

It's been a spiritual uplift week ..Another story worth sharing....Answered a facebook ad for 2 old cubs about 30 mi.away...Arriving ;the 70ish something gentlemen and I talked at length about the 129 and 125.He was enthused with his description of rebuilding engines so of course I shared some of my collection of small engine stories..We found common interest quite quickly.The 129 ran and had a hyd lift on snow blade plus chains and weights.The 125 ran but would not drive...I finally asked,"why are you selling these you seem to really care about them? His reply was more than a shock:He said ,I have terminal cancer and wanted to move out things my wife has no knowledge about so she wouldn't have to deal with them" What a guy; his final efforts were to make it easier for his wife....He said ,I was afraid someone would come and buy them to tear them apart and sell the pieces but you seem like a guy who appreciates old machines.This is what I'm going to do....For the same money I'll add in a 341,a newly rebuilt 321, an IH metal trailer and a few boxes of cub parts.The boxes had 5 rebuilt carbs, many clutch parts,an extra s/g and a host of gaskets..It took 2 trips to get it all home.I insisted he drive the 129 onto the trailer as a last gesture...Today as I looked at all that he gave me my thanks were overflowing...Better yet to top it off (thanks to this forum) I found the front drive line pin missing.Inserting a 1/4 bolt to try it, it was driving just fine. After replacing the pin I mowed for an hr...This post is just to remind us all life is for living and caring...and there is still a lot of good out there!!!

Attachments

• 100_1553.JPG
    100_1553.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_1551.JPG
    100_1551.JPG
    169.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_1554.JPG
    100_1554.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_1552.JPG
    100_1552.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 0
Can you stand one more "good guy" story??I went back to the elderly folks to look at a Farmall super A setting in the weeds on a maybe ..He used it to mow a field beside the house.Complete with a Woods belly mower..The starting point is does it have antifreeze in it.? It did, so cleaning the dist.cap on mag started the process.Ended up having starter rebuilt (6V) to get enough spin.It matters that the tractor is a 1948 super A and had been sitting for a few yrs...I pulled every plug and was pleased .Rolling it with spark tester in place showed great fire from mag.Zero doubt the carb would have to be gone thru.It was 1/4 full of old rusty dust.I ended up using a dremel with wire brushes it was so bad.Of course the float and needle were also...The settling bowl was not going to ever seal again so it was replaced..So today was "D" day. It fired and ran so perfect it was unreal .Of course he was there watching every minute and did he ever smile when it heard it running.She was grinning also..Next was carefully try pto to see if deck would turn.Much to my surprise the deck sounded pretty good and the horrible looking belts held up(I expected 2 turns and breakage) .Next was see if it would mow and so it did for 2 trips of about 150 yds.. Then my carb job showed a problem and decided to quit . A few mins. later it was driven back to starting point..I promised him before I left it was his turn next to run when the carb was fixed..He seemed quite pleased with the thought..I enjoy helping folks and just love saving old iron...Look close you might see an H and a M in the background.....who knows maybe???

Attachments

• 100_1566.JPG
    100_1566.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 100_1565.JPG
    100_1565.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
Just wanted to share..I stopped by an older "farmhouse" to inquire about a cub sitting in the weeds..An older fellow (80,s) came out and we talked about the the 125 cub. It wasn't for sale but he couldn't remember if he used it last yr or before....He said he had a zero turn that wouldn't start and his grass was at least 7 in. high.He seemed like a good guy so I went home got some tools and a tester. I found a dead battery and a bad brake safety switch but got it running for him..A couple days ago I went back with intent to get the 125 running for him..Drained foul gas and it still had great spark.The battery was shot so I jumped it and the next thing it was running and a great smile spread . Went to town bought a new battery,fired it up,it moved fwd and rev. I suggested he take it for a ride.Grinning widely he drove it around the yard for at least 5 mins...I believe I made a friend ..That old cub meant something special to him..The lady of the house said he'll probably be on it until dark....
A little bit of grace goes a VERY long way - apparently, for the both of you.

Maybe all three?

gentlemen, thanks for the kind replies....I was raised by grandparents ,both born in the late 1800's and totally believed in what some of us call American values....I am quite pleased to pass them on !!
Though raised by parents, I somehow attribute most of what I feel are higher social comportments to my 4 grandparents.

Sure and they raised their respective children but as recently as last week I commented on how my "Grandma wouldn't have had it any other way..." when thanked for a kindness on my part.

The blessing of having been around and positively affected by all four of my grandparents has never been lost on me.

Back