• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Parts Wanted needed.108 lift rod

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gents, the 108 deck lift has been resolved to my satisfaction.Although not an original cub item it is quite functional.After trying a cheaper elec. actuator a lesson was learned (again).This time I looked for specific functions such as will it stay where it is stopped? This is a model sla6s(6" stroke) made by recoil,purchased on Amazon.It's rated at 600 lbs and seems to hold fine.Very quiet ,a little slow but has a lot of torque.I managed to bend one of my original holders by not paying attention.It comes with a rocker switch that is a bit large for a dash so I used a two way toggle ....nuff said

Attachments

• 20230423_140828.jpg
    20230423_140828.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Gents, the 108 deck lift has been resolved to my satisfaction.Although not an original cub item it is quite functional.After trying a cheaper elec. actuator a lesson was learned (again).This time I looked for specific functions such as will it stay where it is stopped? This is a model sla6s(6" stroke) made by recoil,purchased on Amazon.It's rated at 600 lbs and seems to hold fine.Very quiet ,a little slow but has a lot of torque.I managed to bend one of my original holders by not paying attention.It comes with a rocker switch that is a bit large for a dash so I used a two way toggle ....nuff said
Nice job! I’d rather have had the motor on mine to be parallel with the ram but as trial “engineering” at $27 for an open box item I went with what I did. This VEVOR has 1320 lb push and it became immediately obvious that with the Craftsman tiller attached the piece of angle I chose wasn’t adequate 😆 After upgrading that it’s 👍🏼 and so far it has held at whatever height I set it. I have not added an assist spring. Currently I have no plans to mow with mine but if that ever changes I’ll have to move the front attachment point to reinstall the mule drive.

The OEM electric lift option was enclosed behind the tower and appears to have utilised some of the same components as used on the hydraulic cylinder mount also used on the QL hydraulic lift setup.

May I suggest mounting of these aftermarket units in the same manor.
I would think these OEM mount parts should be readily available in the used parts market.

Part #6 is what I refer to specifically as you should already have #'s 7, 8 & 9 already in place with the OEM manual lift.

I seriously doubt part #6 will bend and fail compared to jury rigging something homemade.

1682341519975.png

In my case it’s for a very occasional use. Sure I could locate a factory electric or hydraulic setup and if it was my go-to machine I likely would. There’s even a Duff-Norton unit available that appears identical to the Cub part. In my case not worth my trouble. As far as jury rigging that’s a bit inaccurate. I’ve built a nice street rod a number of years back, not original and not jury rigged.
IMG_8279.jpeg

Mac, awesome truck!!!I have a 48 all original mechanically...Lots of folks want me to customize it but I just can't ....yet?
The OEM electric lift option was enclosed behind the tower and appears to have utilised some of the same components as used on the hydraulic cylinder mount also used on the QL hydraulic lift setup.

May I suggest mounting of these aftermarket units in the same manor.
I would think these OEM mount parts should be readily available in the used parts market.

Part #6 is what I refer to specifically as you should already have #'s 7, 8 & 9 already in place with the OEM manual lift.

I seriously doubt part #6 will bend and fail compared to jury rigging something homemade.

View attachment 153741
David..appreciate the input but for now going with what I have

Mac, awesome truck!!!I have a 48 all original mechanically...Lots of folks want me to customize it but I just can't ....yet?

David..appreciate the input but for now going with what I have
I’d like to see that 48. Of all of the vehicles I’ve owned my 53 F250 factory flatbed is one of my favorite. That 239 flatty was unbelievably smooth.

That’s some fancy woodworking there! My woodworking skill consists of getting a splinter 😆 My ex- took and/or destroyed most of my old photos 🤬 so this is the only one I have of Blackie soon after I got it. It came with side boards but rarely used them.
IMG_8298.jpeg

We set the steel for my shop with this old gal, 48 F-6.
IMG_8299.jpeg

Better yield the floor back to Cub Cadets 🙂

Last edited:
Back