• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Need your IH Cub Cadet or related equipment hauled somewhere ?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking for a way to get a 169 from near Louisville, KY to central PA (one of the PA plow days in April would be awesome....) Of course, I can help out with fuel costs. Any ideas?

Hi Guys,
Have a ride as far as Watertown, NY area. Dave Kamp can bring it there and will need a place to stow his trailer for a week till he returns from the great white north. I can retrieve the trencher in NY if there is a place he can leave his trailer. any help is greatly appreciated!

Trencher ride all set. Dave Kamp can haul something west from NY to Iowa along I80 if needed. Let me know, or try his email, he is on the road. return trip around Feb 22nd.

Still looking for a way to get a 169 from near Louisville, KY to central PA. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe if it could be moved to somewhere near Arcadia, OH (site of AW Gonya's fall plow day), that would be easier to get it moving eastbound.... I'm trying....
a---allalone.gif

I've finally found a Pow'r Pup Garden Tractor. Melody Schutz can help with getting it to the PA Plow Day which is coming up April 13-14, 2012 in Danville, PA. Is there anyone that can pick it up at Danville's Plow Day and help it along the way to Iowa or drop it off at A.W. Gonya's place in Arcadia, Ohio? Dave Kamp will be able to pick it up at A.W.'s place and bring it to Iowa if we can at least get it there. Or maybe arrangements can be made for Dave to pick it up at another place if possible. I will definintely help with fuel costs.

Footnote: This homemade tractor came out in two issues of I believe Mechanics Illustrated August and September 1961 issues. The first issue dealt with building the tractor and the second on how to make the fenders. My Dad was going to build this for us kids only our Mom accidently threw out the magazine. I stumbled across this one out in New York. Pow'r Pup Plans

Here are some pictures of the one that I've found.

236530.jpg

236531.jpg

236532.jpg

The tractor does run. I will need to fabricate a new hood for it and do some reconditioning. I truly appreciate any and all help with this getting this little guy home to Iowa.

Fancy thinks that we should rename it the Pow'r Cat.

236533.jpg

Pretty cool, Marlin. It seems like an ambitious project for any handyman. I wonder how current economics might work out. I don't know what people made in 1961, but it couldn't have been much if $200 was enough to motivate the builder!

smile.gif

Marlin, very cool find! Hope the transport goes well for you.

Jeremiah and Kraig. Thank You for the compliments. I was going to also try and post on the WeekendFreedomMachines site only after reading their rules, I believe they only allow postings for John Deere items. I see there is some green paint on it so do you think that it would pass as one of those prototype Patio tractors?
happy.gif

Marlin, looks more like Oliver green. You could always post and ask forgiveness.
angel.gif

Okay... Here goes with a little more information that I pray helps get the little fella on his way to Iowa.

William DeTurck informed me that if someone can pick up the Pow'r Pup at the Danville, Pa. Plow Day event on April 13-14, 2012 and then bring it to the Fort Allen Antique Machinery Association Spring Hammer In & Plow Day at Scottsdale, Pa. April 27, 28. & 29, 2012 then he can get it to his house and we can get it a little further towards Iowa from there. It doesn't need to necessarily wait to go specifically to A.W. Gonya's Plow Day this fall. If someone can help take the little guy along the way to Iowa during the spring or summer that would be fantastic and AGAIN.... I will reimburse for fuel expenses.
happy.gif

Please e:mail me and I can set you up with William Deturck as to a meeting place.

Is there anyone that makes regular cross country trips. I'm trying to find someone that would haul a Cub Cadet 169 from Connecticut to California. Please shoot me an e-mail if you do this or know of someone that can do this. This would be a paid service.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die

Update on the Pow'r Pup. As of now the little guy has found a way to get to Iowa. I wish to thank everyone for their help with this. All goes well then he shold be here by the end of May.
happy.gif

The 169 has been sold so I no longer need transportation service to CA. Thanks to all for your help with this.

is there anyone out there that could help me get a tractor from tenneesee to northern illinois it is a cub cadet 800 please call me and let me know thanks brian 1-815-541-8691

Trying to get some implements to South Carolina, first is a wf 42" blade in shelbyville, In and the second is a 1a tiller and gearbox in Mt Vernon,Oh. I live around the Greenville SC area. Feel free to call or text me at 864-382-6677

Looking @ a 482 that is 40 miles west of indy. Would like to get it as close as I can to columbus Ohio. Please email if you have space and are heading that direction. Thanks Jim

Not quite a Cub Cadet, but I have a Lawn Boy Rototiller that I need to get to the Nashville/Cookville, Tennessee area from Moorhead, Minnesota. The unit is less than a hundred pounds, and can be disassembled to take less room. I could pallet the machine, if necessary. Please send me a message through the website or an e-mail to: [email protected].

Anyone headed north from the Louisville KY area to bring up a Cub Cadet???

Back