• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Need alittle help from my friends

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Hoover

displayname
Paknght
I have a 106 10hp tractor that I blew the clutch last winter. I had a friend helping me but he recently passed away, the reason for this post. I could see that a lot of the wiring harness was near meltdown. So to bring you up to speed, I removed the front cowl, moved the engine forward. I replaced one wire at a time, keeping in mind wire gauge for starter and ground wire. I have a new 3 hole clutch ready to install. Everything else looks ok, so I think I'm ready to put it back together. How does driveshaft connect to engine? Would a manual help and where can I find it for this old tractor. I'm not much of a mechanic but I try

Thanks for the help, good piece of equipment compared to what's out there

Mike Hoover

I have a 106 10hp tractor that I blew the clutch last winter. I had a friend helping me but he recently passed away, the reason for this post. I could see that a lot of the wiring harness was near meltdown. So to bring you up to speed, I removed the front cowl, moved the engine forward. I replaced one wire at a time, keeping in mind wire gauge for starter and ground wire. I have a new 3 hole clutch ready to install. Everything else looks ok, so I think I'm ready to put it back together. How does driveshaft connect to engine? Would a manual help and where can I find it for this old tractor. I'm not much of a mechanic but I try

Thanks for the help, good piece of equipment compared to what's out there

Mike Hoover
Here's the Service manual.
http://ccmanuals.info/pdf/1x6-7 Service Manual.pdf
It connects via what's called a drive hub, #5 in the pic. There's a dowel pin in the drive shaft that fits in the slot.
1621381734446.png

Back