• FIRST AND LAST NAMES ARE REQUIRED WHEN REGISTERING

Need alittle help from my friends

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

Mike Hoover

displayname
Paknght
I have a 106 10hp tractor that I blew the clutch last winter. I had a friend helping me but he recently passed away, the reason for this post. I could see that a lot of the wiring harness was near meltdown. So to bring you up to speed, I removed the front cowl, moved the engine forward. I replaced one wire at a time, keeping in mind wire gauge for starter and ground wire. I have a new 3 hole clutch ready to install. Everything else looks ok, so I think I'm ready to put it back together. How does driveshaft connect to engine? Would a manual help and where can I find it for this old tractor. I'm not much of a mechanic but I try

Thanks for the help, good piece of equipment compared to what's out there

Mike Hoover

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
I have a 106 10hp tractor that I blew the clutch last winter. I had a friend helping me but he recently passed away, the reason for this post. I could see that a lot of the wiring harness was near meltdown. So to bring you up to speed, I removed the front cowl, moved the engine forward. I replaced one wire at a time, keeping in mind wire gauge for starter and ground wire. I have a new 3 hole clutch ready to install. Everything else looks ok, so I think I'm ready to put it back together. How does driveshaft connect to engine? Would a manual help and where can I find it for this old tractor. I'm not much of a mechanic but I try

Thanks for the help, good piece of equipment compared to what's out there

Mike Hoover
Here's the Service manual.

It connects via what's called a drive hub, #5 in the pic. There's a dowel pin in the drive shaft that fits in the slot.
1621381734446.png