• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Need adapter Kohler KT-17 oil pressure port

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rbertalotto

displayname
Rberrtalotto
I'm installing a mechanical oil pressure gauge into my IH Cub Cadet 782. It has a Series II Kohler KT-17s.

The gauge I purchased comes with a bunch of adapters, but nothing that fits the small oil pressure port on the side of the engine.

Is there an adapter available?

If not, does anyone know the thread size and I can make one out of a piece of brass.

Thank You in advance!

I went to the hardware store and 1/8" NPT is much larger. The plug appears to be 5/16-24.....Looks like I'm going to have to make an adapter

The plug that I removed is absolutely straight threads. I measured it with my micrometer. I wasn't aware there was a 1/16 NPT. I flunked plumbing.....

I'll have to visit a plumbing supply house as the smallest the hardware store and Lowes had was 1/8 NPT

KH-52-158-05 is the part number for the 1/16" NPT to 1/8" NPT reducer if anyone else breaks one off, or is converting their Cub to a mechanical gauge.

I converted my block to 1/8" NPT by drilling it out after I snapped off the reducer and was unable to remove the broken piece.

Bought KH-25-168-05 from dealer. Wish I'd seen this before. No longer sold as brass fitting, now steel. How much, don't ask!!!!!!

Back