• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Narrow or wide frame plow?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
displayname
Taylorma
Can some confirm that the plow in the attached image is for a narrow frame tractor?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200613-144151~2.png
    Screenshot_20200613-144151~2.png
    566.5 KB · Views: 319
The blade itself has a lift bracket that is for a wide frame. I'm pretty certain the sub-frame is for a "Cadet" tractor (the lawn tractor). It's not made to attach to a narrow or wide frame Cub Cadet.

Much better!!
The plow, yes, will fit either WF or NF
The sub frame as has been mentioned does not fit either.
What are you planning to put it on??

And it should look similar to these pic's

Attachments

• DSCN7919.JPG
    DSCN7919.JPG
    180.3 KB · Views: 192
  • DSCN7920.JPG
    DSCN7920.JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 178
  • DSCN7921.JPG
    DSCN7921.JPG
    181.5 KB · Views: 168
  • DSCN7922.JPG
    DSCN7922.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 156
  • DSCN7923.JPG
    DSCN7923.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 175
David, I'd say you did a stellar job of redeeming yourself! Nice pic's!
:greenthumb:
this was the best I could come up with... and it beat to heck...

Last edited:
HOLD on there guys -

Matthew - if you're mounting it to a Model 70 then you need the "frame extenders" (might not be correct name) shown as Item #19 in the parts diagram that David S posted. It's in the box marked "1963-1967". These little extenders are NOT shown in the actual pictures of the sub-frame he posted in the message below the diagram message.
I actually ordered these one time back in 1980something to use on a Model 122, and boy was I surprised. At that time I had no idea what these things looked like and the dealer didn't show me the parts diagram. When they came in they were painted IH Red and I figured they must have been some really old old old NOS. They are just 2 pieces of flat stock steel with 3 holes drilled in them. Maybe you can figure it out and make some duplicates if someone on here has a pair of those little buggers.

David S - you did a great job posted the diagram and the pics, but I sure gotta disagree with one of your comments. You said "if you are handy you could modify that frame to fit". I disagree. It's my opinion you'd have to be a metal genius to modify that Cadet sub-frame into a sub-frame for a Model 70. On the other hand, I know you're a metal genius based on a reproduction part you made and sent to me.
(Yes I did say "metal" genius, not mental :cubwinker: )

If the laterals were the same size stock, that would be a piece of cake Harry, as long as one had the specs to copy.
The slots are no problem now that I have a mill.
Looks like the flat plate is near the same size.
And by the looks of it I'd have mat'l left over!!
Good to see you back on board!!

Well , lookie at that!

Nice catch Harry.

Thanks Matthew for posting pic so quickly.

Harry or David, so what is item #21 listed in that same diagram used for on the 70 or 100? Also whats #23 for or called, I'm trying to install this frame on a 127. looks like I'm missing a piece.

I don't have the benefit of the description legend for part numbers for that diagram :(

Back