• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Narrow frame question

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, there are not the same. The 72 uses a low tunnel frame and a 125 uses a high tunnel frame to make up for the height of the hydro unit. Only the 70, 100, 71, 72, 73 use the low tunnel frame.

And of the low tunnel frames, the 70/100 and 71 do not have the QA (Quick Attach) front mounts, only the 72 and 73 have them.

Kraig are there any differences in the 73 and the 72? I ended up with a well optioned 125 and I would really like to breed it with a 72 but, would a 73 work just as well? Will the rear lift work from the 125 to a 73? I have heard/read some place that the 1x6 and 1x7 take a different bar? lever? something about the rear lift? But you know, you hear things..............

Ron, CUBgratulations on the 125! (any photos?) The 72 and 73, I believe are the same except for the 73 has a white painted dash. The rear lift from the 125 will bolt right up to the 73. The 1x6/7 series use the same rear lift, EXCEPT, that they require an extra bracket to mount the upper cast piece. Here is a photo of the bracket and the pages from the installation manual:

1x6-7 Three Point Bracket_01.jpg

3pt_pg2.jpg

3pt_pg3.jpg

3pt_pg4.jpg

3pt_pg5.jpg

The 73 shouldn't need that bracket if I remember right...only the other tractors in that series use it.

Matt, correct, the 73 will not require that special bracket, the 106, 126, 107, 127 and 147 do require that bracket. And, thanks for mentioning that, I wasn't clear in my response to Ron.

Last edited:
Starts, runs and operates like it should. Mower deck runs and mows, pump runs and operates without leaking (😋) rear lift seems to be all there and functional. Now I have to decide what to do with it.

I'm pretty sure that I don't want to sell it. I really think I should breed it with a 72 or a 73. There is also a creeper, PTO rear end and IH dual wheel adapters waiting for a home.

I think the PO of that 125 used to drive in reverse a lot... :drool2: From the extra paint on areas it appears that it was painted with a brush. Save that blue edging on the fiberglass pan seat, it's no longer available but can be reused if you choose to have the seat reupholstered, or if you decide to sell the seat or complete tractor.

Kraig,

Do you mean because of the way the tires are mounted? I had to look at that three times to put my finger on what was wrong. It just caught my eye.

Kraig,

Do you mean because of the way the tires are mounted? I had to look at that three times to put my finger on what was wrong. It just caught my eye.

Jim, Yes, rear tires are on backwards.

Kraig, if you had the chance to meet the guy I bought it from you would think he drove everything backwards. What's wrong with the paint?? 🤣🤣 I think they painted it with a mop a smoothed it over with a broom!!!
So that blue trim on the seat is IH? Good thing somebody with knowledge saw that. I thought it was as original as the grill screen🙄 I guess the wheels looked better turned this way. Kinda scared to see what they really look like. Somebody has put a lot of time into it, it has new wiring, not a new wiring harness, just new wires. The guy was really really proud of the new amp gauge. I hope someone gave it to him, it shakes harder that a paint shaker, there is no way it's accurate. But it starts and runs and drives, everything works as it should. Guess I need to start looking for a 72 or a 73.

Ron, your 125 looks quite good actually, even with the brushed on paint and backwards tires. At least everything appears to be there. All I see missing is the muffler, the correct mesh grill insert and the upper grill plate.

Back