• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Mystery Lift Bar and...

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glippert

displayname
Greg Lippert
I'm splitting my 782, to replace the seals in the hydro pump, repair the trunion slot, etc. I was surprised to see that the 3 point lift bar is not straight. And it doesn't have just one bend - it looks like a meandering river, with two bends, first up, then down. Does anyone know what machine this bar might have come from? My Dad bought this machine used many years ago, and I bought it from my Mom after Dad died in 2004, so it's been there a long time. There's yellow paint showing through the chipped red (and on the lift lever, too), so it's apparently not original to this IH built tractor. It works, so I'll keep using it, but I'm curious what machine it might be from. Although it's not easy to see, here's a pic of my lift bar:

Lift Bar.jpg

This anomaly also makes me curious where the brake spring is supposed to be located and connected. Mine is a long one, on the left side of the frame, and goes from the neutral return lever back to the bracket that connects the trans axle to the frame, but that just doesn't look right to me - looks pretty amateur for these rugged machines. The only spring I see in the parts lookup appears to be a short one, located on the right side. I presume that's what should be on mine, but I'll have to try to find where it should be connected.

Hey Digger, if you haven't sent my parts yet, please add #15 (part #932-3010) to my order - thanks.

782 Brake Assembly.JPG

As Roseanne Roseannadanna would say: "It's always somethin'. If it's not one thing it's another..."

The lift bar looks similar to the 582 bar I'm using on my 1050.

The lift bar looks similar to the 582 bar I'm using on my 1050.
Greg, that is what it looks like to me also. The first bend along side of the front of the hydro goes up over the frame mounting boss on the gear reduction housing on a gear drive transaxle.

The return spring on y 1650 is also on the left side of the frame.
Does your 762 have the Cat 0 lift setup?
And/or does the bar have a long slot in one end?

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, guys. They say if it ain't broken, don't fix it, so I'll keep using that lift bar. And, the brake spring, too, unless I can figure out the "right" way. My only real agenda right now is to reinstall the rebuilt steering box and get the seals replaced in the hydro pump. Hopefully it'll all go smoothly - tilling season is amost here!

Mine is a long one, on the left side of the frame, and goes from the neutral return lever back to the bracket that connects the trans axle to the frame, but that just doesn't look right to me -

My 1650 is the same, I'm sure you have the correct spring.
Parts book shows both setups.
Do you have internal brakes as well?
My 1650 does and that's the setup on it, long spring on left side.

Thanks. Dave. That's good to know. Yes, it has internal brakes, too. Glad to knoq it wasn't just some fly-by-night fix a previous owner came up with. Of course, I guess it wouldn't really matter, since it it works.

Yeah, I saw that, but he posted a welcome note to a new member yesterday, so I think he's done counting all those goodies now.

By the way, Digger, if you saw my ealier note about the brake spring, you can disregard. Unless it's already boxed up - then just let it ride. I'm guessing you had a bunch of orders to fill by the end of your inventory.

Back