• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Mystery bracket?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allenpatterson

displayname
Allen Patterson
My 129 has a bracket bolted onto the rear frame where a rear lift setup would have attached. This bracket was on the the tractor when I bought it. I guess I should have looked the tractor over a little closer when I bought it and had I noticed it at the time I could have asked the seller if he had any idea what it was for or if he had purchased it that way also from a previous owner?
IMG_20210318_212854.jpg

IMG_20210318_212909.jpg

IMG_20210318_213129.jpg

(This photo shows how the bracket is bolted on)

IMG_20210318_213002.jpg

This photo shows the number "631" stamped into the steel. I was guessing it may have been someone's homemade setup for holding some type of weights for added traction in the winter but with the numbers stamped into it had me wondering if some type of attachment would have used a bracket like that? I suppose it also could have been a scrap piece of steel that just happened to have numbers stamped into it. Any knowledge or ideas out there on this one?

Attachments

• IMG_20210318_213129.jpg
    IMG_20210318_213129.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 185
Any idea what brand of leaf vac attached to it?
My 122 had a vac setup when I got it .Home made brackets and trailer but the 5 hp engine was mounted on the rear of the tractor not the trailer.I've seen 1 other the same way...It's a thought but certainly not a guarantee.Some of our home boys were pretty good at engineering to make things work...Not much help huh?

I believe that is the bracket for a Peco Leaf Vac, rather than sit in a trailer it hung directly on the back of the tractor. Here is a pic I found with a quick Google search:

unnamed (3).jpg

I believe that is the bracket for a Peco Leaf Vac, rather than sit in a trailer it hung directly on the back of the tractor. Here is a pic I found with a quick Google search:

View attachment 142647
Thank you guys for the help, I would have never guessed it to be a bracket for a mounted vacuum. I was just searching online also and came across some similar photos but thought that the bracket on mine was mounted up too high and not down down on the rear axle like the peco leaf vacs appeared to be. I'm sure they had some different setups though and I guess it doesn't matter much either way because unfortunately I don't own the lawn vac to attach on the bracket! Lol

I initially thought Peco Vac, however the Peco Vac sets on a tray that is mounted much lower.

139019-075db438dbb128f7b70711a92eeb77d8.jpg

I think I found the answer. Seems there may have been different types for the narrow frames and wide frames. I almost bought a 123 a while back with brackets for a Peco leaf vac, they basically matched the brackets on Allen's 129. I would assume, that they changed the mounting design for the wide frame tractors, and perhaps your 129 was fitted with a narrow frame style vac for some reason?

The narrow frame mount is a two piece mount or mine was. I still have the mounting brackets if anyone needs them.

KRAIG - You still have that picture of my lawn vac all mounted up and ready to go on my 72 that WYATT took 20 years ago? You should post it and see if these guys can guess the brand.

KRAIG - You still have that picture of my lawn vac all mounted up and ready to go on my 72 that WYATT took 20 years ago? You should post it and see if these guys can guess the brand.

This one?

8670.jpg

I have a bunch of detail photos of it as well. Think I should post those as well or wait until they give up?

Funny enough, I saw this a while back while scrolling through the archives, pretty sure based on what I had read that it's a custom unit?

And Gary, the engine is a Kohler K161 belt driving the impeller...

Definitely Peco Vac as I sold a 147 with the same bracket on it Minus the Vac! The buyer asked me what is was so many times I should've just taken it off!

Thanks gentlemen,...The jackshaft and engine pulleys appear close in dia. so the blower could easily be turning 2000 rpm....That would create quite a suction !!! I'm always interested in different mechanical applications.It inspires me to try my own weird stuff....

Back