• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My Wheel Horse tractors.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZXT

Evening, everyone! I figured I would post about some of my other tractors, which mainly are Wheel Horses. I do also have a Sears GT 19.9 but I don't have pictures currently.

I will start by saying that I grew up around my Dad's Wheel Horse C-141, as well as my grandfathers CC 149 and his many other IHCC's, so I like and respect them both. In addition to the cranking and vibration issues my 1650 has, it also has some electrical issues. The last time I used it (October 2018), it died randomly in the middle of mowing and wouldn't crank. I hot wired it and limped it back to the house with it running poorly, but I still had mowing to do and it was nearing dark. I dug out my dad's C-141 which hadn't been ran in at least 7 years, slapped on a spare carb I had purchased for my 1650, had it running in 15 minutes and finished mowing before sunset.

For whatever reason, that sparked my interest in the WH GT-14 that I had been given by my grandfather. It had been sitting untouched for 4+ years at my place. While it is rough, I got it running and moving around. I didn't have a deck or any attachments for it, so I just used it as a tractor to move trailers and such around. Soon after starting work on the GT-14, I started searching through craigslist for other WH's and discovered a guy who was selling a C-120 and a C-160. They were a ways from me, but I was making a trip to my mothers for thanksgiving and would be passing right by them. I decided I liked the C-120 and a buddy of mine was looking for a good tractor and wanted the C-160, so I picked them up. The C-120 became my go-to mower (with its sad Tecumseh, which quickly got replaced with a K321 I built) and the 1650 was put on the back burner. In late June, I came across a guy selling a WH tiller on FB marketplace. I went to look at it and wound up buying both the tiller and the C-160 it was attached to. He had bought the tractor for just the air cleaner assembly, as his other WH was missing it.

I am currently in search of a deck for the C-160 so that I don't have to swap between the C-120 and it. I wouldn't mind finding a front end loader for the GT-14 either! I have recently become motivated to work on the 1650 and it will be the priority over the winter.

Here are a few pictures! First one being my C-120 on its first drive with its newly built K321, my GT-14 and both my C-160 and 120 and a recent tractor show.

Attachments

• IMG_3558.JPG
    IMG_3558.JPG
    176.5 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_3566.JPG
    IMG_3566.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_0147.JPG
    IMG_0147.JPG
    166.7 KB · Views: 336
Back