• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My New Toy

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nbartee

displayname
Norm Bartee
I'll have to put my tractors on the back burner for now, at least until the newness wears off. This was definitely on my bucket list, wanted one since I was 15 years old! It's a 1959 Corvette.
258376.jpg

yikes.gif
Congrats!! (Did the owner's manual come with it?).
happy.gif
I'm betting it has an AM radio.
happy.gif
happy.gif

The original owners manual, unfortunately, the radio isn't. I'm the 4th owner, somewhere along the line the radio was replaced by an AM/FM.
258384.jpg

Norm, any burn outs yet? What's the fastest you have gone? I've always wanted a 1969 Super Bee with a 440 six pack, but since I have college it will be a while before I can afford one.

I hate to do a burn out on a 54 year old car, too much stress on major components. I kick in the 4 bbl in 2nd gear, though, and it will press you into the seat. The engine isn’t the orig. 283 either. It was replaced by a ’69 Camero Z28 350 with 300hp so it’s got plenty of pep.
BTW, the top speed on the speedometer says 160mph.

Nice car Norm!

I always wanted a 55 Bel-Air, but it will have to wait for now. My next item is going to have to be a new truck. I have bought only one vehicle (excluding bikes) in my life, and i'm still driving it! It is 26 years old and has over a quarter of a million miles on it. The only thing that's been done to the engine is a water pump replacement! I know it won't last forever, so I need a new truck in order to haul more cubs home!

Norm that car is so nice even you look good in it. LOL

I take it you couldn't find a Scout 800A...

OTOH, that is really a great looking car!!!!!!!

I'm guessing probably not a rattle can paint job like on the old IH...
1a_scratchhead.gif
angel.gif

Just in time for Summer too!

Schultzie
Yes they did, a 302. Here's me and mine back in the early 80's. Talk about one that should have never got away.
258419.jpg

And nice Vette, Norm.

Bob

Schultzie,

That's a nice Vette you have, too. Is it a '61? I love it! You're probably right, the PO told me it was a 350, 300hp. I have trouble finding out what it really has using the casting numbers & Engine S/N.

Norm and Shultzie,

Yeah, by the time i'm as old as you guys, i'll have me a nice car too!
lol.gif

You got that right! By the time you can afford your dream car, you're an old man.

Hey! Who you callin' old!
animatedihbear.gif

Norm,
Yes, mine is a '61. I don't have the original engine in mine either. I bought the car in 1999 and put a 2000 GM create motor in it. It's a 350 cu.in. 330 hp.
I've been slowly dumping money into it, but it's worth it I think.
Have you checked out a Vette forum yet?
corvetteforum.com is a very nice place to be. It's very helpful and the people on it are very nice. Reminds me of this forum.

OK,...... by the time i'm your age I will have me a nice car too!
err.gif

In the near future (12-14 months) I am gonna have to buy me a new truck and get it paid off before I start looking for a nice old car. I have seen a few nice oldies, but I have to bite my lip and keep on going. I have got to quit looking at them!
a_weep.gif

Been kinda missing you guys, haven't been on here in about 6 months. Got a new toy and, except for my granddaughter, it's been occupying my time and the newness hasn't quite wore off yet.
The '59 Vette needs constant work and working on cubs was a nice training session. I need to get back into it, though. I still have a 982 I need to finish. Maybe this winter.
Been giving you guys a rest. I'm wearing out the guys at Corvette Forum. These forums are great for getting valuable information and this forum is the best for Cub Cadet tractors!

Back