• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My new 1572 diesel

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kshultz

displayname
Shultzie
I have a few questions about this thing and I'm sure I'm gonna have a lot more. I was actually looking to fix my "9" again, but at a later date. But this guy made me a deal I couldn't refuse.
306026.jpg

My question is what is this thingy? It looks like it's been broken off from where it was mounted, but I don't know where.
306027.jpg

It was taped up like this.
306028.jpg

That "thingy" is the Circuit-Breaker.
I don't have a picture handy of its mounting.

If it is like my 882, it is indeed a CB and should be mounted right beside the rectifier on that square piece on plastic. It looks as if some one has sliced off the corner of it on your machine though.

You can see where mine WAS mounted but the plastic has broken off so I tied it up where it's at now.
I think it has to be isolated but I could be wrong on that count. Darn, picture is on it's side!
306035.jpg

Michael,
Yeah, that's what we were thinking.
We need to go thru it first and fix all the "Bubba" fixes.
err.gif

Was going to mow with it today, but the PTO switch doesn't stay on. So I have one on order and should be on it tomorrow.
Thanks guys!

Schultzie....
Could be the reverse cutout switch.
Mine gave me fits on the 882 till I figured out what was causing it to shut off and not stay on.
It is now inoperative!!

Circuit breaker that protects the main harness. The only reason it was "isolated" on the plastic tab was because they drilled holes to mount it using the electrical pins, so the mounting plate had to be insulated. You could replace it with a "pig tail" style circuit breaker from an auto parts store if necessary.

If you do the glow plug relay upgrade, you don;t even "need" the CB.....a simple fuse would work. Only reason for the CB is because of the high draw for the glow plugs in the std harness.

Hey, thanks guys.
I've been camping the last few days, so I haven't been near a computer for awhile. I'll get to tinkering with it soon.
I did mow with it for about a half hour yesterday and it seems OK. I need to change the oil and I'll prolly change the hytran as well.

As you can see I've swapped out the tires and seat off of the "9" to make it look and ride better.
Sorry I haven't cleaned it up yet except for the deck that came with it. Like I said earlier, I'd like to change the fluids this weekend and get her cleaned up a bit more.
As you can see by the fender pan I'll be getting a wanted list in the classifieds soon.
306294.jpg

306295.jpg

Does anyone know what kind of wheel weights these are? They are cast and heavier than the cast IH ones.
1a_scratchhead.gif

306304.jpg

Those wheel weights look like they came from a Bolens tractor (old brand from Port Washington, WI)

Nic,
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. The 50" was easier at the time though. I'll get it on soon (hopefully).
err.gif

They don't look like Bolens weights to me, I've only ever seen them cast with name 'Bolens' on them. However, they could be older than the tube frames I've delt with. Shultzie that tractor is looking better and better!

Welcome to the Smokers club!!!! That is a nice find. I'll keep an eye on this thread for updates as you put this thing to work. One of the immediate bonus items is the low fuel consumption. Since I use mine for cutting grass regularly, I noticed a 40% fuel savings with the diesel. They make such smooth strong power (if the driveshaft is in good shape;). Nice acquisition!

Well I changed the engine oil and filter and the hy-tran fluid and filter. I think I'm ready for mowing tonight. I kinda did a little inspection while I was changing the oil and notice that one of the motor mounts was way loose. So I found a lock washer and nut and tightened it up. I also found this bearing thing. I hope what ever it is and where ever it goes was replaced and not missing. Any idea what it is? I was wondering if it had anything to do with the snow blower that was on it.
306489.jpg

306490.jpg

And of course after taking advise from my 8 year old son we put the stack up vertical like the real diesel tractors.
err.gif

306491.jpg

Kinda looks like a pilot bushing that would hold up the front of the driveshaft in the flywheel. I can't imagine it would come out that whole if had come flying out... But I am not in the D club yet, so I really have no idea.

Back