• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My inheritance

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkoenig

In Remembrance 2023
displayname
Jim Koenig Halfway between Harvester, MO and Cadet, MO
I had to go make an emergency clean out run at the house I grew up in this afternoon. I didn’t get a lot, but these were high on my list.

Dad has been gone some years now, but his wife is now ailing, and it’s doubtful she will ever get out of assisted care, and her daughter is planning an estate sale and had no idea what belonged in my family, even though my Dad and his wife both had conversations with myself and my sisters about the items that would go to us.

FB70BAE6-7E34-4D5B-9485-2BB0BA2AD834.jpeg

They are very light duty drawers, but I guess they would have had lightweight things like butterflies, emulsion tubes, and jets in them.

Too bad you had to do this all in a rush, but am glad you were able to save some family stuff - that's important. LOVE the humor with the tractor weights - certainly wouldn't fly in today's world, but I see it did back then.

A little story about Case and Daimler working together:
B7400FD4-AC56-4F54-8465-19BC31134F0B.jpeg

When I was a student teacher in the spring of 1980, (started a 41 year teaching/adm career in August 1980), I was awarded a scholarship to attend what was then the AIAA conference in St Louis. We toured the Carter carburetor factory it was very cool. Foundry and assembly. They were making a then revolutionary thermoquad- a 4 barrel with a main body of thermosetting plastic- although the throttle body and air horn were still aluminum. I always liked the CARbureTER logo....Thanks for sharing.

I’ve told this on here before, but since his work at Carter Carburetor came up again here:
My father was hired at Carter Carburetor in the late 40’s or early 50’s to market their then brand new “highly efficient” vacuum windshield wiper motor. Soon after his hiring, advancements were made in the electric motor field making vacuum wiper motors and his usefulness there obsolete, but at least he got the drawers.

Gordon, you made me laugh out loud in the Detroit airport!!!

Well, the sale finally came around, and while we were not invited, or informed, my sisters and I found it online, and attended and were able to purchase a few items. Most of the things we wanted were long gone before it started though.

i did get the bargain of the day of the bigger furniture items, a pie safe my father converted to a bookshelf. He confounded me from the grave. The unit was built for three shelves, but he kept his hardcover American Heritage magazines in it which are tall, and he could only use two shelves.

He nailed risers to the edges of some shelves he had available at the time, and he must have nailed them together inside of the cabinet, because the assemblies do not come out. The shelves are just particle board, so I don’t care about breaking them up to remove them as long as I don’t hurt the rest of the piece. I’ve gotten one shelf out in the photo.

Later, I will try to find suitable wood to make proper shelves out of.

0BAD054F-B443-40DD-A6D5-873E890DF5BD.jpeg

Latest posts

Back