• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My first Cub Cadet is home!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't like liquid batteries. I've never owned an Optima battery that leaked or had corrosion on the terminals. I have always been able to get six years plus out of Optima, tractor batteries,one season maybe two. I know tractor batteries have been capable of starting these engines for fifty years. I was just wondering if someone else had pulled off an install that came out looking nice.

My neighbor saw my 107 and asked me if the rear lift from a 107 would fit a 100? I don't know and was even more surprised to find out a had a neighbor who knew what a Cub was let alone knowing about different models. Turns out he knows less than me,I was astounded that someone knows less than me!😆 Anyhow will a rear lift fit a 100?

I really don't like liquid batteries. I've never owned an Optima battery that leaked or had corrosion on the terminals. I have always been able to get six years plus out of Optima, tractor batteries,one season maybe two. I know tractor batteries have been capable of starting these engines for fifty years. I was just wondering if someone else had pulled off an install that came out looking nice.

You can get an AGM battery in the U1 group size from most any batteries plus. They're generally deep cycle style for mobility scooters, or at least they used to be when I worked at batteries plus years ago. That said, I bet it would have decent cranking power.

Cool!! I didn't know they were 12 volt. That resolves the issues. Thank you. That probably is actually a better idea. This is why dummies like me ask so many dummy questions. Appreciate the heads up. I love the quality and the engineering of the true garden tractors but love some of new technology since some of it makes life easier or in this case less future grief. This is part of the reason why I wanted a beat up,used up,unloved tractor. I have seen some 100s that are so sharp when they are 100% restored. 🤔 I have heard about Cub Flu but I think it's more involved.

Back