• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My Dad’s IH Model 149

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is another photo. I found this pic and it was taken back in 1979.

Attachments

• DB6A3DA5-C985-4C86-B124-B4660E000EAE.jpeg
    DB6A3DA5-C985-4C86-B124-B4660E000EAE.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 238
Welcome. Looks like a great project. All there and runs! Being family owned since new is cool too.
You can literally replace every worn piece using the sponsors of this forum.

Before doing any restoration/rebuild.. you should familiarize yourself with the workings of the tractor. Be sure all the features are operating properly, starting, running, charging, etc... By doing this, you will become familiar with how the tractor is put together, what items go where... and some of the process: IE-- you must remove "X" before "A" can be removed... and that sort of thing. It will make the disassembly and reassembly much smoother. Start small- with things that can be done in a day or two, and expand as you get more comfortable.
Take many photographs. they will show you positions, settings, and how things are put together. If you are like me... sometimes I'll take something apart... life will get in the way- and I won't recall exactly where/how things went when I return to the project.

Before doing any restoration/rebuild.. you should familiarize yourself with the workings of the tractor. Be sure all the features are operating properly, starting, running, charging, etc... By doing this, you will become familiar with how the tractor is put together, what items go where... and some of the process: IE-- you must remove "X" before "A" can be removed... and that sort of thing. It will make the disassembly and reassembly much smoother. Start small- with things that can be done in a day or two, and expand as you get more comfortable.
Take many photographs. they will show you positions, settings, and how things are put together. If you are like me... sometimes I'll take something apart... life will get in the way- and I won't recall exactly where/how things went when I return to the project.

Thanks for your help. I’m planning on taking my time for sure.

Ditto. Start with wheel bearings? New tires? How's the deck?(spindle bearings, pulleys, tensioner). Tie rods? Steering loose?
Like Ray said, get familiar with the tractor before digging too deep. You don't want to have a big pile of parts that never sees the light of day again!

I did my first cub before learning much about it. Just make sure you take all the smaller parts including nuts and bolts and put them in Ziploc bags with a note of what they are, and where they go. Then put the parts in a box or two so they won't get lost. Take pics before you take anything off. If you get stumped as to where something goes, and don't have a pic, just get on this site. Someone will help you. My first cub was a 128, so I could probably tell you where any part goes also.

Hi another quick question to the group. What does the ID number 501 U-1111 Stand for?

Attachments

• 3E958ABE-A4DC-4997-9210-E80A68BF32EA.jpeg
    3E958ABE-A4DC-4997-9210-E80A68BF32EA.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 140
  • 5C122B58-5530-4733-ABB5-C2A4CB382891.jpeg
    5C122B58-5530-4733-ABB5-C2A4CB382891.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 140

Latest posts

Back