• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My cadet 80

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jprincipe

displayname
jerry principe
i just got a what i believe is a pre 70 cadet 80. it is a basket case. my wife thinks im nuts but, i think nothing runs like a harvester. so i will be posting pics of my progress and asking alot of questions. any help or input would be greatly appreciated. plus it has a briggs and stratten 12 hp was that the right engine?

Jerry P. Welcome to the BEST site there is for information about your tractor. I think the correct engine should be an eight horse. Someone will know for sure.

Jerry,
Welcome to THE Cub site! Take your time to browse through the FAQ's and be sure to check out the Vault. If you need parts, be sure to check with the sponsors at the top of the page. There is a great wealth of knowledge here if you can find it and tap into it. Keep that camera rollin', we love pics. I'll certainly be keeping an eye on your progress.

Jerry, WELCOME!
WELCOME.gif

I believe the Cadet 80 was introduced in the early to mid 1970's. But I could be wrong.
1a_scratchhead.gif
The Cadet 80 would have originally had an 8 hp B&S. Any chance you could post some photos of it?

228410.jpg

228411.jpg

i have the chassis completely stripped i was going to go back to factory original. but im losing my argument to a 3 year old he says grave digger. up until know everything has come apart with no problems. all the parts have been basted, and primed. the cover is pretty bad and the other owner put the gas tank on it. i have been all new bolts cotter pins and roll pins and clear coating most of them. now im looking for a parts list to double check and make sure im not missing anything. the pics will come as i start to put it together.

Back