• If you're having trouble logging into your account , you can Reset Password
Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

My 84' 1282 Cub Cadet

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

Tx_adv

I recently picked up a 1984 cub cadet 1282...put a new carburetor on it and it runs like new.
What oil do you guys run in these K30 Kohlers? Is straight weight oil neccessary?

Attachments

mfrade

displayname
Mike Frade
There are many threads about what to use for oil.. and just as many opinions. I have been using Mobil 1 10/30 for a number of years now - I like the synthetic oils in all my vehicles.

Tx_adv

I save tractors. com. It seems to be a quality piece and not typical Chinese ebay junk. an exact copy of the Kohler number 26 carb

BIGRED52

Ok, thanks! Like that profile pic too BTW.....Yamaha ???? Was at the dealer yesterday looking at the Honda AT. Gotta get me a pic up here too!

PACub100

I save tractors. com. It seems to be a quality piece and not typical Chinese ebay junk. an exact copy of the Kohler number 26 carb
I've been watching a lot of his YouTube videos lately... I'm going to order a rebuild kit from him for the 124 I'm putting back together. Very thorough videos and he genuinely cares about helping others preserve the old equipment 👍👍

Group builder