• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My 1450 Refurb Project-Part 3

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nbartee

displayname
Norm Bartee
PO drilled several holes in the fender assy and tunnel cover which had to be welded up & ground smooth. Painted with rattle cans in the correct IH colors and added new decals. Installed new tires and seat. Finished it today after working on it almost constantly for a year & a half.
257448.jpg

257449.jpg

257450.jpg

257451.jpg

257452.jpg

257453.jpg

Norm-

Ya dun good! Isn't it a wonderful feeling to finally finish a refurb?

What are the plans now??? Is this to be a trailer queen or is she going to earn her keep?

Wayne,
Thanks, and yes it does feel good to finish it. I drove it over to the neighbor I bought it from and his jaw dropped. He bought it used and he used it several years & never knew what it looked like new. Brought his wife out, too. He just stared & stared at it, felt good,
I'll do a little work with it I think, but frankly it's not one of my favorite models so may sell it. Problem is, just like cars, I won't get back half of what I got into it.

Beautiful Job right there Norm!!

Cool reaction from the P.O. too!

If you sell this one will you do another??

You said this isn't your favorite model.. can I ask what is your favorite?

Mike F.,
Thanks for the kind words. I love the red ones with the twin cylinders. They have the power, the torque, and they purr like a kitten. They are also the later models so they have all of the engineered refinements learned over the years.
I just got a 982, which I've been looking for for a long time, and I'm getting anxious to start on it.

Norm that is a GREAT job, really makes me want to do one of mine

Norm, great job!
greenthumb.gif
I bet that reaction from the PO felt good.
happy.gif

That looks great Norm. Why are the seat springs on backwards? Is that how you like them. Other then that very nice job.

Thanks for the reply Norm.. I am not real familiar with the red models.. So once you get your 982 "rehabbed"/"restored"... maybe I'll have to visit and get educated!!
cool.gif

Good catch, Melody, didn't notice that. I'll switch them today. Wonder if it makes any difference in the ride?

Got the seat springs switched. Didn't make any difference in the ride but sure made a difference in the adjustment!

Norm,
the boy and I completely rebuilt and repainted a 682 for his 4h project few years ago. He put the springs on backwards also. The funny thing was I never realized it till he got done showing it off that summer. I got on it and as soon as I sat down I said to him Hey man you put these together backwards. lol. that is a good looking 1450.And I am with you with the reds ones being the favorites. as soon as my 1450 leaves I will never own another 1x50 again. Keep up the good work. Jim

Where would anyone suggest getting a Kohler K321 cub cadet # 1450 motor rebuilt?
Jerry

Back