• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My 107

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vgripentrog

displayname
Vince Gripentrog
Just mounted some new tires. Check it out.
Need suggestions for a ball hitch mount..
IH107.jpg

Here's a bolt on receiver hitch that Richard Christensen made years ago (around 2002 I believe). It's nice that you can leave the ball hitch in and still use the draw bar.

10888.jpg
10889.jpg
10890.jpg

Here's another design that Richard came up with that doesn't interfere with the rear lift.

12830.jpg
12831.jpg

Vince, the 107 was my first IHCC 20 years ago that started my Yellow Fever! I met some stranger named Hydro Harry and I've been addicted ever since! IMHO the K241 was the best engine Kohler ever made (in the K series that is). Smooth as silk without balance gears. Good luck!

I’ve always had a 107 around my place too. Seemed like their wiring harness is always a mess but otherwise are good machines. Just picked up another one a few weeks ago for a winter project.

Thanks for the ball hitch ideas. A 2" receiver would be handy.
I had enjoyed this kludge, but can't use the blade or the deck like this. Any GOOD ideas for a front ball?

IMG_20180714_094623.jpg

If you are going to move anything but an extremely light trailer for the front, it really needs to have a caster wheel to support the weight so you can steer and not break spindles. Your other idea was good other than it puts far too much load on the front spindles because of how far ahead of the front wheels the hitch is located. I made this awhile back to move a very long trailer and it works great. It attaches to the quick attach mounting points on the frame.

IMG_2861.JPG

Matt,

Good to hear from you again - it's been a while. I always enjoy your insights, and that front mount ball hitch idea is great. I may have to copy it for my 782. Think I'll christen it my "MattGo" hitch! (Maybe I better hurry, before you get a patent on it!)🙂

I don't have any dimensions for it but it does have to match the rear cover plate. You should be able to use the cover plate as a template to make one.

Back