• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

mower options...

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charleswise

So I have a late 60's International Cub Cadet Lawn Tractor. It does not appear to have a PTO on the back. The mower attachment I have for it is too small for my 3 plus acres and I'm looking for a redneck solution. First, does anyone know if a PTO can be added to these units? And if not, any ideas for a pull behind mower on the three point hitch? I've been looking at the gang reel units but I don't know if there's any other options. Just wondering if anyone else had any ideas.

So I have a late 60's International Cub Cadet Lawn Tractor. It does not appear to have a PTO on the back. The mower attachment I have for it is too small for my 3 plus acres and I'm looking for a redneck solution. First, does anyone know if a PTO can be added to these units? And if not, any ideas for a pull behind mower on the three point hitch? I've been looking at the gang reel units but I don't know if there's any other options. Just wondering if anyone else had any ideas.
A pic or at least the model you have would be the only way anyone can answer your question.

pics

Attachments

• IMG-2303.jpg
    IMG-2303.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG-2359.jpg
    IMG-2359.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 173
That's a 122, which is a garden tractor, not a lawn tractor. From around 1965/67. There were a few different mower decks available for it, a 38" a 42" and a 48". Originally they would have had the "pin on" variety. The 38" and 42" decks would have cast iron ends and all three have cast iron nose pieces. Here's what they look like. Note, the 38" and 42" look very similar.

CubPin_OnMower08a.jpg

CubPin_OnMower09a.jpg

The later quick attach style will also fit. Again, these were available in 38", 42" and 48" deck sizes. All three of these are the stamped deck with no cast iron ends but still with the cast nose piece. Here's what these look like:

cubmow06a.jpg

cubmow07a.jpg

And here's what the quick attach deck hanger or subframe looks like:

cubmow08a.jpg

Thanks for helping identify it. It has no plates anywhere. I do have the mower deck but I'm not wanting to use it as my unit has a plow and the plow has to come off in order to put the deck on. Also the deck is too small for the area I have to mow. I'm looking for an alternative. I'm trying to see if anyone has a recommendation for a pull behind mower that does not use a PTO as my unit does not have the power take off. I've looked at the gang reel but didn't know if there's any after market pull behind mowers that don't use a PTO

They make self contained tow behind mower. They have their own engine... You just need a little more robust hitch. They are pricey. 3 acres with a 42" deck shouldn't be bad.

grew up on a 50 inch deck on a gravley. did 3 acres with it for over 10 years.
diff between 42 to 50 isnt that big...
lil hint.. if u keep the lawn low........... you can go a lil faster ...
these were not made to mow 100 sq ft.. just saying
besides that use the time to get away from the cough never mind looking other way .. lol

Back